• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

need cord from cd player to mike jack

msr

Total Time
Saw someone with a special cord from a cd player to a mike jack. Someone was selling them @ one time. Know of anywhere to get one or buy one. Thanks!!!

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
msr said:
Saw someone with a special cord from a cd player to a mike jack. Someone was selling them @ one time. Know of anywhere to get one or buy one. Thanks!!!

:rolleyes:

Great idea, this was about the only thing the Pinnacle crew could have been doing to be slightly more unprofessional...

"Dude, turn down your CD player... We're at 410 !!!"

Why in the world would you want your music pumped directly in to the CVR ??? It's one thing to be doing this in your own 172, but subjecting yourself to scrutiny while flying around paying passengers is an entirely different manner...

If you really feel the need, why not just plug a small earpiece in to your ear instead ???...??? At least then the CVR won't pick it up and you have one ear open to actually do your job...

Last edited:

Aerosurfer

I envy the Gaut
Total Time
Point7
He never said it was for the airplane.....doesn't everyone have PA for their Hoop-dee with the spinny Dubbs? Im keepin' it Real!!

Like you have never listend to news or radio on an ADF? That goes right into the CVR as well.

h25b

Left for ProPilotWorld
Total Time
Aerosurfer said:
He never said it was for the airplane.....

Well then, he must have a VHF radio/mic jack installed in his automobile ...:rolleyes:

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
What about a Lightspeed headset? They have a jack that allows Mp3/CD players to be plugged into them, it self attenuates when squelch is broken and all that..

Would that go into the CVR?

Wankel7

It's a slippery slope...
Total Time
Tram said:
What about a Lightspeed headset? They have a jack that allows Mp3/CD players to be plugged into them, it self attenuates when squelch is broken and all that..

Would that go into the CVR?

Yeah, the lightspeeds work great! And you can turn off that auto-silence because it is beyond annoying. Not to mention the bass/treble boost!

And no it is piped in to your headsets and that is where it stops.

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Total Time
1653Z
Yup, all you gotta do is hold down the EQ button.. :)

The other question would be - since the Lighspeed's are not TSO'd could you use them in 121 service?

Last edited:

smoknjoe

Total Time
lots
There was a guy at ACA/FlyI who used to make and sell those things.

I dont know the guy but i have seen his work several times. First rate.
I do not know if he is still there or on furlough.
I suggest going to ACALounge or FlyIlounge and posting for info.
Good luck.
Take Care.

Joe.