Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Wisconsin

Trap,

I have sent my resume to Air Wisconsin via e-mail, fax, and snail mail. I have sent updates as well. Approximately for the past four months. My problem is I have no personal contacts within Air Wisconsin to vouch for me. Air Wisconsin has been on my radar screen. Especially, since I live in the southeast... ATL would be a great domicile.

Ranch'r

As to your question regarding eligibility for a retirement at the majors, most are basically similiar. Ours credits you 2% of Final Avg. Earnings for each year you work. So, for example, if you are hired at age 50, you would work 10 years and be eligible for 20%. Our Final Avg Earnings are determined from the average of the highest five years of the last ten. With only ten years seniority, your FAE would not be too stellar, say $80,000, providing an annual retirement benefit of only $16,000.

Retirement Benefits

abxaviator,

Ouch! That reirement doesn't look too promising. I think I'll stick with the reserves and attempt a full-time job with them. In the meantime, I may go back and find a local teaching job. As well, keep applying to Air Wisconsin, Air tran, NetJets, and Flight Options. I don't foresee Mesa coming up with a very good contract to keep me around.

I'm glad I only have two years invested with Mesa. It would be very painful leaving with 5 or more years, although my pay would only be about $20,000 more than it is now. Albeit, the bottom line has always been quality of life for me.

Not knowing my schedule for the upcoming bid period until two to three weeks out and only getting an average of 9 days off (I'm usually awarded 10 or 11, but intergration usually makes it 9) is not a good situation. I know our top three lines are awarded 13 days off. These guys have more than 15 years with Mesa, not my idea of a good lifestyle.

Thks for the retirement info,
Ranch'r

Do the sure thing...

do the guard deal.
Rj's are the future of aviation.

Delta has 300 more option for ASA and Comair. United and USAirways want 300-400 each. Then add in what American, Continental and America West will get. That will be 2,000 more rj's in the next 5-6 years.

There is a post either in the major or regional section that has only rjs to be delivered to Delta in the next two years. While the MD-11's and B 727's go to the desert. Delta supposidly has the most $$$ in their balance sheet.

Look at how many pilots are furloughed at the majors. Each has about a 1000 or more. That aleast adds another year to recall and put them through training when the airlines do start hiring again.

Sure there is Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran and Fed Ex but then again AirTran has 12,000 resumes for pilot positions.

For sure the sure thing

I don't see myself competitive for Jetblue, South West, Fedex, etc. I'm sure these companies have a huge inbox of resumes of folks with greater experience than myself.

The military route sounds better everyday.

Thanks SBF,
Ranch'r

Latest resources

Back