Need advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8AF

I was offered two jobs with American Eagle and Regions in STL. I expect good training, higher pay and QOL with Eagle while Regions will offer fast upgrade. For me QOL and upgrade time is equally important. Would like to hear your advice on which one to pick. Any input appreciated.

Happy Holiday :beer:

Regions is not any near the same league as Eagle.
If 8 legs a day in a JS32 in Ice sounds like fun do it... Having flown both the ERJ and the Jetscream its not a question.

8AF said:
I was offered two jobs with American Eagle and Regions in STL. I expect good training, higher pay and QOL with Eagle while Regions will offer fast upgrade. For me QOL and upgrade time is equally important. Would like to hear your advice on which one to pick. Any input appreciated.

Happy Holiday :beer:

Take Regions. PIC is the name of the game. QOL won't be as good at Regions but you'll upgrade far quicker and thats what will get you to where you need to be. Also - you'll become a better stick flying J32's vs ERJs and Saabs,, where your scan will go to mush with EFIS/Flt Directors. And don't bring up the QOL at Eagle issue; as far as I'm concerned, there is none. If you don't believe me, ask any Eagle FO. You don't want to spend your career there.

Eagle is pretty stable and I've heard good / bad things. Where do you want to live?? How hard do you want to work? Turbine PIC is good and will get you somewhere else but is it worth the sacrafice??

I'd say go with Regions.. :D

There are 9 guys who start Saab training tomorrow at Regions..

I'd probably go with Eagle for now...seems like a safer bet.

You...yes you...step away from the keyboard and get a life. This post is almost as old as Bea Arthur's grey taco.

Latest resources

Back