• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need advice plz... G200 or CL300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have two 300's, both are very reliable and we work them pretty hard. Very economical on fuel and can get to the 40's fairly easily. I don't know much about the G200 but I have to say "boots are for props".

The old saying "if it looks right, it will fly right" may apply here.

300 is a good looking airplane.

Good luck, JP! ;)

TC

Used or new? I'm guessing used because Gulfstream isn't building more 200s last I heard.
The used prices that Gulfstream was getting for the 200 were amazingly low. Zero time engines, fully refurbished and paint to suit for around $9mil....that's a lot of plane for the cash.

Operationally you'll do fine being a single owner operator. As a fleet plane, they don't take a beating very well. Maxed out you'll get to fl350 straight away, then you'll need to burn gas for a couple ours before you go to fl410.....you'll go to fl430 once, just to scare the crap out of yourself.

Comfort of the cockpit and cabin is fantastic. It's very comfortably to sit in for 6 hours. In the back you'll have no issues with getting to the lav etc...it does have a high noise level, but that is mitigated by closing the main entry door curtain...

Collins avionics are very easy to use. Never had an issue with them at all.

Yes it has boots, but guess what, they work. I've never cared about the aesthetics of something that works.

As a G200 pilot, get the CL300!!! Good airplane but lacks a lot and the CL300 is a better, more advanced, much more reliable product. The G200 has a great cabin, range, etc...but so does the 300. The 300 also has the Proline 21 compared to the 200's old PL4. I have 700 hours on the Proline 21 and love it. Good luck on your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

There are several operators of CL30's in Toluca so I'd have him talk to them. Field is almost 8,500', although the runway is over 13,000' long. I've always heard the G200 is lacking in the performance department but I'm not sure if this field will affect the decision, if at all.

I can't speak for the 300, but I've got about 800 hrs in the 200.

The 200 is a bargain now. Sub 10 million for a plane that can seat up to ten and go coast to coast. Fuel burns average around 2,000 #/hr. (it's common to see a 1700# burn doing .80 @ FL410) Our airplane has been very reliable. Outside of a T/R switch, it's just been normal wear and tear. The 300 in our fleet has had a lot more issues.

Understand that this airplane has high ref speeds and likes runway when heavy. Yes, you can use 5,000 ft runways (you're just not going to make the other coast)

If you're looking for a big cabin with good range, and operate out of longer fields, the 200 is a great choice.

If money were no object, the 280 is worth a look.

I would have suggest a Falcon 2000 (classic) at less than 10 million. Great cabin, quiet and does not burn much fuel. Field performance is very good as well.

Latest resources

Back