Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aa73

Hola my corporate compadres,

Got a buddy (owner, non-pilot) based in Toluca Mex looking for options on what to buy. Missions mostly to Aspen CO, Turks & Caicos, Tortola, and an occasional 1-stop to Europe. He is considering either a G200 or CL300. Can any of you shed some light to my extremely limited airline-influenced non-corporate mind?

Appreciate it!

G200 is a slightly bigger cabin and slightly longer range (with a VERY light pax load) than the CL300....

But the 200 is woefully under-winged so poops out on altitude pretty darn quick. Early versions are wicked over weight. You'll have Gulfstream support, but you'll need it on that Israeli-built pig.

The CL300 was a clean-sheet design. Big wing, plenty of power. Flies very high and very efficient. The block-point change with a massive avionics upgrade begins in July.

I don't know much about the G-200. Been on it just to look around. Nice cabin, nice flight deck. I won't bad mouth the airplane. I've been flying the CL30 for six years now. Incredible performance. Always reliable. If I could own a private jet....the CL30 would be it.

Yeah, if you were asking G280 vs CL30 then it might be a tough comparison. Otherwise tell to get the CL30 and don't look back.

As someone else said, Gulfstream has awesome support... cuz you'll need it with the G200.

If he is going to be operating in and out of Aspen year round, he might consider a used Falcon 50/50EX or a 900.

In the winter, when the tempature is low enough, a Falcon 900EX can non-stop London out of Aspen.

But if his operations are not going to invlove that much Aspen operations, I'd say the CL-300.

If your friend is nostalgic for rubber deice boots, the G200 is the plane for him... :laugh:

The G200 is able to get airborne due to the curvature of the earth. :nuts:

Latest resources

Back