Need a new hat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great cornholio said:
I ran into MT in PIT a while ago and he said he was mainline now. Heard RJ was also mainline and in ORF. Yeah GW will never leave SHD cause of UVA and golf. Have fun in LEB. How much longer till you get to slide over to mainline?

Well, as Johnny 16 used to say, "it's based on merit, and I have very little merit."

great cornholio said:
I know that there is one company out there that has gold plastic inside the hat, but I can't remember the name of that company.

Great Cornholio
I think AFDB has them a lot cheaper than the gold ones...you may want to check them out and great customer service as well.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html#WHAT

There's their website.

CA1900 said:
Bancroft makes a really terrific hat. About 40% less than I spent on a Superior one through my company's uniform store, and constructed much, much better.

You have a hat?

Thank goodness at most carriers incl. my last one (officially) and current one (unofficially), the hat has gone the way of the Dodo bird. (Sorry to say goodbye to the DoDo *jet* though). Even back when I was impressed upon and did wear the danged hat, I remember being mistaken for a valet, salvation army, you name it. I guess it can be a handy cell phone holder through airport security if they are short of those little dishes.

Yeah, but then those little rollers and the belt leave tread marks on the scrambled eggs.

MM

The hat is good for 3 things. 1. put stuff in for x-ray machine. 2. keep my head dry when I walk around in the rain/snow/other wonderful weather that falls from the sky in the Northeast U.S. 3. Chicks at the hotel bar dig it..haha Anyways don't mind me I just got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and the doc gave me some cool pills and a 1.5 week return to work note...

hmmmm didn't take long for the non hat wearers to chime in.... Why is that? Like the fellas in the crew room who comment on the ones who do wear the hat.

Perhaps it is the same ol blah blah about the hat.

Despite the FOM stating the hat shall be worn, the FOM is ignored.

And why is that? Because it is about me and not we. Besides some non hat wearers couldn't stand the social pressure of the cool dudes making jokes about them wearing the damm thing...

The best arguement for the non hat guys; I don't like it. It is uncomfortable. It is all about me and I need to fit in.

The best arguement for the hat wearers. I understand and follow the rules. It is about us and our image.

Now, if the nons would have just left well enough alone I wouldn't gotten my thong in a wad..... Then again maybe your FOM gives you the option, then what do you care if a pilot does wear it and you don't...

Carry on Gents.

Latest resources

Back