Need a new hat

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
I need a new hat and I don't want to order another one from M&H. I know that there is one company out there that has gold plastic inside the hat, but I can't remember the name of that company. I think it starts with a "B" but I'm not sure. Anyways I heard those are cheaper than the ones from M&H. Any ideas on what the company name is and how to order one would be awesome.

Thanks
Great Cornholio

avrodriver

Total Time
>1
Bancroft.....They Rock!!

501 843 6561

Also at www.bancroftcaps.com , but they'll take orders over the phone if you want to make sure your getting what you want or don't see your airline listed. AD

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
Yeah that looks familar. That only took like 5 minutes this place rocks. Thanks for you help.

cpierse

Chucklehead
Total Time
5000+
Hey Cornholio - You still flying out of RIC? I know you miss SHD and the good ole days... "Awwwww, what the hel!'s the use?!"

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
Bancroft makes a really terrific hat. About 40% less than I spent on a Superior one through my company's uniform store, and constructed much, much better.

ATRedneck

Live to fly, fly to live
Total Time
>7000
Yeah, Bancrofts rule. I've been carrying one around for over seven years! ;)

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
cpierse said:
Hey Cornholio - You still flying out of RIC? I know you miss SHD and the good ole days... "Awwwww, what the hel!'s the use?!"
Yeah still in RIC. Where you at these days? SHD was great " I wanna hear the ribs crack" or another classic "you heard the man" or even ".......shoot man.....thats about the size of it"

cpierse

Chucklehead
Total Time
5000+
I'm up at Leb. Pretty good sched, so I never tried to get back to SHD - only a couple of lines there anyway. GW is still there, and will be as long as he has season tix to UVA... MT and RJ moved up to Colgan mainline in CRW and ORF. Aaaahhhh the good ole days. "These people..."

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
I ran into MT in PIT a while ago and he said he was mainline now. Heard RJ was also mainline and in ORF. Yeah GW will never leave SHD cause of UVA and golf. Have fun in LEB. How much longer till you get to slide over to mainline?

1.3XVso

Total Time
1 zill
you want mines? its still new in the box just get me a 12 pack and call it even.

cpierse

Chucklehead
Total Time
5000+
great cornholio said:
I ran into MT in PIT a while ago and he said he was mainline now. Heard RJ was also mainline and in ORF. Yeah GW will never leave SHD cause of UVA and golf. Have fun in LEB. How much longer till you get to slide over to mainline?
Well, as Johnny 16 used to say, "it's based on merit, and I have very little merit."

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
great cornholio said:
I know that there is one company out there that has gold plastic inside the hat, but I can't remember the name of that company.

Great Cornholio
I think AFDB has them a lot cheaper than the gold ones...you may want to check them out and great customer service as well.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html#WHAT

There's their website.

Quillpig

Pigs can fly!
Total Time
CA1900 said:
Bancroft makes a really terrific hat. About 40% less than I spent on a Superior one through my company's uniform store, and constructed much, much better.
You have a hat?

skyaddict

Total Time
Thank goodness at most carriers incl. my last one (officially) and current one (unofficially), the hat has gone the way of the Dodo bird. (Sorry to say goodbye to the DoDo *jet* though). Even back when I was impressed upon and did wear the danged hat, I remember being mistaken for a valet, salvation army, you name it. I guess it can be a handy cell phone holder through airport security if they are short of those little dishes.

Mesabi Miner

Total Time
Yeah, but then those little rollers and the belt leave tread marks on the scrambled eggs.

MM

CA1900

Big Member
Total Time
11000+
Quillpig said:
You have a hat?
No, I had a hat. It walked off in the ALB crew room several years ago, and for some reason I haven't gotten around to replacing it. :D

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Total Time
The hat is good for 3 things. 1. put stuff in for x-ray machine. 2. keep my head dry when I walk around in the rain/snow/other wonderful weather that falls from the sky in the Northeast U.S. 3. Chicks at the hotel bar dig it..haha Anyways don't mind me I just got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled and the doc gave me some cool pills and a 1.5 week return to work note...

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
hmmmm didn't take long for the non hat wearers to chime in.... Why is that? Like the fellas in the crew room who comment on the ones who do wear the hat.

Perhaps it is the same ol blah blah about the hat.

Despite the FOM stating the hat shall be worn, the FOM is ignored.

And why is that? Because it is about me and not we. Besides some non hat wearers couldn't stand the social pressure of the cool dudes making jokes about them wearing the damm thing...

The best arguement for the non hat guys; I don't like it. It is uncomfortable. It is all about me and I need to fit in.

The best arguement for the hat wearers. I understand and follow the rules. It is about us and our image.

Now, if the nons would have just left well enough alone I wouldn't gotten my thong in a wad..... Then again maybe your FOM gives you the option, then what do you care if a pilot does wear it and you don't...

Carry on Gents.