• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Need 411 on Empire Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lionofzion, I know this is moving a little fast for you but try and keep up. I'm...not...the...chief...pilot... and if you read it again you'll see I'm not bashing our pilots. Our guys over all are a great group to work with. I was defending Dan who catches crap from every direction. Including guys like you all.

Sorry EA didn't work for you. But the places you worked at before EA didn't work for you either. So move on.

Are you in the Brady bunch, "MOVE ON , MOVE ON, MOVE ON, JUST KEEP IT MOVING ON DOWN THE ROADDDDDD." I cant move on until I pay my redickulos training contract off. I can smell the rat weasel chief pilot from here. Talk about a no count loser who is going to get two of his pilots killed some day soon. Heres a thought stand up for your peeps and you might gain some respect. I am suprised that no one has called the FAA on him for his just take the airplane as such attitude. Total tool.
Recap- if you are stupid enough to go to EMpire you cant leave for at least 2 years because of the slavery contract. Just so you know, dont go.

Hey Lion--Not enough drama at your current job? For one thing you ought to keep personal opinions about ex-colleagues and bosses to yourself. Pretty unprofessional. Yah, maybe Empire treated you bad, we've all been listining to you wine about it for a while. If the contract was so unfair maybe you shouldn't have signed it. You left before the contract that you signed expired. Don't get me wrong, I dislike contracts as much as the next guy, but nobody put a gun to your head. It's an 18 month contract not a two year by the way. The pilots and management are having many issues right now, I have no doubt that we'll get through them. But I happen to agree with July on this one, you need to move on... since you uh...moved on.

LOZ, put down the scotchguard and baggy. Its going to be o.k.

Illanoise, as bad as things are here I dont think they would fire anyone for speaking their mind. The whole group is pretty much feeling the way I do but I've been personally working very hard to make Empire a better company through organizing both the pilot and management groups into speaking and listening together. I've proven myself to the company that Im dedicated and loyal and willing to do what it takes to work throught the differences but at the same time I must insist that the group and myself be treated decently. I believe in the Golden Rule. Plus, under Idaho state labor laws Im protected from hostile terminations because of my membership in a organized labor group; the EPG (Empire Pilot Group).

For clarification about being gone for holidays: our company has a policy that you must live in your base. Im not from my base and my family and house is in another state. So when I work or Im on reserve I must be in my base. With our understaffing its getting pretty rare getting home on a regular basis. So technically we may get the actual holiday off but due to travel time its impossible to make the trip home to see the family and kick the squaters out of my house. So yes we may get the holiday "off" but most are spent alone in the crashpad watching TV and eating at Dennys. The problem is that sometimes on the schedule we may get the days off to travel, so we buy a ticket home (too hard to jumpseat during the holidays) but at the last moment our days off pulled, so we cant get home and we have to eat the cost of the ticket. Thats the rub.

Hey Lion--Not enough drama at your current job? For one thing you ought to keep personal opinions about ex-colleagues and bosses to yourself. Pretty unprofessional. Yah, maybe Empire treated you bad, we've all been listining to you wine about it for a while. If the contract was so unfair maybe you shouldn't have signed it. You left before the contract that you signed expired. Don't get me wrong, I dislike contracts as much as the next guy, but nobody put a gun to your head. It's an 18 month contract not a two year by the way. The pilots and management are having many issues right now, I have no doubt that we'll get through them. But I happen to agree with July on this one, you need to move on... since you uh...moved on.

Der Der Der I feel like putting a gun to my head for signing it. Dont remember the part about paying 12% intrest. The contract is a blank form that you sign. They fill in the rest later. Sounds fair huh? Two years or 18 months? One month of being a dirty diaper is to long. If you ar ethinking about going to Empire you will be sorry trust me and every ex pilot.

What is happening over there? Im not too familiar with your company but I could not believe what is on you Empirepilotgroup.org open forum. Frankly Im shocked. At one time I actually was thinking about leaving MAC and going to Empire. Once again, I hope you and your company come out the other side intact.

Is that Illinois by chance?
Pilots are just venting right now on the O.F. you know kind of like a therapy session.
The company is going through a transistional period and I'm optimistic that when the dust settles it will be a far improved and stronger company, one that we will all be proud to be a part of.

F & B, hey brother. Dude, we do nothing but travel. Bases mean very little.
We travel (hotel, rental car, per diem etc.) to cover a base so they don't have to pay six day pay. I only fly four days in my base this month not to mention we always fly Captain on Captain which is incredibly dangerous in my book.

Oh yes, almost forgot. My posts here have been printed off and handed to my bosses. Aparently free speach is yet another benefit we've lost.

Take Care,
Richard.

Hey Bling, As in "Richard M. Nixon?" That belongs to me. You know that I do share. Blue Skies.

Oh'Yes Nixon- funny when you think back and catch yourself thinking "man, only if we had a president like Nixon. Those were the good old days."
Had a dream last night that I bought a Glock "8". It was soooo small and was chambered in a weird triangle shaped mean looking .45. I also dreamt that I bought a cool little Chinese looking .32 that looked like a pair of pliers. Its a single shot, breach loading piece that you fire by pressing the two handles together like a normal pair of pliers. I think it would be extremely inaccurate but a great very close-in piece. The Belt-Buckle Derringer comes to mind. Maybe I'll stop swinging gear and start building firearms. American Gunnars perhaps.?

So, I guess the question is: Apply or don't apply? It seems that nearly everywhere is having some issues. I live in SEA and would liked to get based out of here. Would this be better then flying for Eagle or Horizon?

Latest resources

Back