Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy Reserve looking for more pilots......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Full of LUV

Navy reserve squadrons will be conducting a joint hiring board this winter in Jan. VR squadrons across the country are in need of new pilots. Plenty of opportunity, best odds if you live in or near the location. Junior most current are the most competitive. Here is a current listing......
VR-1 DC
VR-46 Atlanta
VR-48 DC
VR-51 Hawaii
VR-52 Pennsylvania
VR-53 DC
VR-54 New Orleans
VR-55 Oxnard
VR-56 Norfolk
VR-57 San Diego
VR-58 Jacksonville
VR-59 Fort Worth
VR-61 Whidbey
VR-62 Brunswick ME
VR-64 Pennsylvania

Those squadrons will all be hiring and they fly either C20's, C37's, C9's, C40's, or C130's..... plus some locations have C12 opportunities. PM me if you need more information.

Navy reserve squadrons will be conducting a joint hiring board this winter in Jan. !

Hopefully the Navres has gotten away from the idea that you have to mirror the active side in career progression and you are too senior if you are LCDR or higher. The AFres and Guard has no such issue. Of course this may be why they have all of the openings.

USNR (Ret) :)

Amen to that!

I got shot down by the Gulfstream Unit at NAF Andrews a few years ago and was a current type rated Gulfstream guy with my civilian job! Oh but I was an 0-5...Aw well, the Nav has always treated well none the less, Good luck dudes,

Village
USNR retired

yea, Navy Res leadership lives in a fantasy world. now that the economy is tanking and airlines jobs are not available no one is leaving active duty. They need bodies and few are available.

Those that left in the past to join the reserves were expected to drill all the freaking time and pay 90 bucks a month for health insurance. After a few years they thank you by booting you and hiring a junior member all under the guise of career progression. Its simple math, the junior guy is cheaper and willing to put up with more reserve crap. Admiral Cotton was the Navy Res typical clueless leader, we'll see if the next guy rights the ship. x c-12 guy

Think they'd hire a 50 year old willing to be an ensign who's typed in the C-37 and C-20F...?

Yeah, I didn't think so, either. ;) TC

Latest resources

Back