• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy equivalent of Air Force 781?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, the Navy uses SHARP. SHARP keeps us from having to do math in public.

You college boys kill me! In either service, you still probably have an enlisted person fill out your logbook for you.

OrionFE (Ret)

Not anymore. I don't think I ever had anyone do the yellow sheet but a pilot during my 15 years of active/reserve flying.

Now, the ops petty officers did put the info into our paper logbooks since there is some regulation about making entries into your own logbook, or something. Heck, after SHARP (stick in the eye) came out, I spent more time trying to do that than I spent flying. Oh for good old Nalcommis.

Although, I think our crew chiefs did write down the times for us when I was flying C40s. I don't think I'd trust a pilot with keeping track of times if I was a crew chief either.

Not anymore. I don't think I ever had anyone do the yellow sheet but a pilot during my 15 years of active/reserve flying.

Now, the ops petty officers did put the info into our paper logbooks since there is some regulation about making entries into your own logbook, or something. Heck, after SHARP (stick in the eye) came out, I spent more time trying to do that than I spent flying. Oh for good old Nalcommis.

Although, I think our crew chiefs did write down the times for us when I was flying C40s. I don't think I'd trust a pilot with keeping track of times if I was a crew chief either.

Yes, in the P-3 community the pilots had to stay and input the NALCOMIS, the FE put in all the "gripes" and the OP's yeomens handled all the logbooks. As a Maintenence Chief/FE, I always knew where the airplane was as far as upcoming inspections and that would determine how much "fly what you want, log what you need" got done. Here in the civilian world, I as the FE track all the times and fill out the logbook and sometimes sign for the Captain (no not really)!

Latest resources

Back