• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy A-6 pilot desert storm/shield

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Though I am not an Intruder guy myself, I have had to opportunity to serve with a few folks that were. There was this one pilot/BN crew that I will never forget. I think the pilots' name was LT Jake Grafton and the BN was LCDR Virgil Cole. Man, those guys had balls. Rumor has it that they conducted an unsanctioned mission "downtown", to "Sam City" in North Vietnam and got their plane shot out from underneath them. Heard that LCDR Cole saved his crew by popping smoke for "Sandy" to use as a visual for a bombing run... in the process he sacrificed himself. Last transmission was, "I'd do it for you Sandy."

Balls I say... balls!

Though I am not an Intruder guy myself, I have had to opportunity to serve with a few folks that were. There was this one pilot/BN crew that I will never forget. I think the pilots' name was LT Jake Grafton and the BN was LCDR Virgil Cole. Man, those guys had balls. Rumor has it that they conducted an unsanctioned mission "downtown", to "Sam City" in North Vietnam and got their plane shot out from underneath them. Heard that LCDR Cole saved his crew by popping smoke for "Sandy" to use as a visual for a bombing run... in the process he sacrificed himself. Last transmission was, "I'd do it for you Sandy."

Balls I say... balls!

And had a smoke while doing it. Class act till the end.

Latest resources

Back