• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Navy A-6 pilot desert storm/shield

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Unfortunately had to wait 6 months like everyone else here (but hopefully that'll change soon with a new contract).

2. More like 1300 hours mil jet time - and that's 1.0 at a time dude. The rest is civilian GA hodge podge (172, Bonanza, etc).

3. Nah, never open my mouth about my background. For some reason, they're the ones that HAVE to tell me how tough their background was from their RJ days, yada, yada. And most of them certainly don't impress the sh*t out of me.

4. Had to sell the motorscooter (wife made me), and next week we can hit the o'club. You're more than welcome to join me, first round is on me.

Have a good day.

Everyone has a story about their background and how tough it was. Who gives two $hits what you fly/flew. You are now in the same seat and for most, they don't care how they got there.

There will be some that tell you that you mil guys got your training for free and did not have to "pay your dues" instructing, flying freight, and so on. Me, I don't care what you flew or where you flew it, just be a good crewmember. If you are a mil guy, then we can talk about military flying. If not, then we will talk about something else. If this is more about flying a small airplane versus a big airplane, then you might as well whip our d!cks.

One of the most dangerous things in any cockpit is an ego. And we all have one, to what extent it shows is where the difference lies.

I will tell you who else could give a rats ass about who flew what; the passengers.

Adler-

Congrats on your win today. BTW we got the Rocket. We are going to sweep you in NYY later this month...

Adler-

Congrats on your win today. BTW we got the Rocket. We are going to sweep you in NYY later this month...

Okay. You know.... I'm pretty sure I heard he was going to retire this year. That'll be quite a sad, nostalgic day. I hope his family makes it out for such a unique, once in a lifetime event. ;)

Now get back on yer motorscooter & ride to the o club
Remington, you da man.

Glove story, new FO shows up in an US Air Force leather jacket and the nomex gloves for preflight (oh brother). He told me his story on the way to the Grand Canyon, turns out he was an F-15 pilot that volunteered to fly the F-117 (Flew on day 1), during our flight he was cutting all the patches off his jacket :eek: :0 .

Remington, you da man.

Glove story, new FO shows up in an US Air Force leather jacket and the nomex gloves for preflight (oh brother). He told me his story on the way to the Grand Canyon, turns out he was an F-15 pilot that volunteered to fly the F-117 (Flew on day 1), during our flight he was cutting all the patches off his jacket :eek: :0 .

Hmmmmm..... Anyone know what Air Force leather jacket might have patches on it? Last time I checked, it had a name tag and one majcom patch put on with velcro. If you wanted to take the patch off your jacket, velcro doesn't need to be "cut off".

1. Unfortunately had to wait 6 months like everyone else here (but hopefully that'll change soon with a new contract).

2. More like 1300 hours mil jet time - and that's 1.0 at a time dude. The rest is civilian GA hodge podge (172, Bonanza, etc).

1.0 at a time...........with or without the conversion factor? :cool:

Last edited:
Hmmmmm..... Anyone know what Air Force leather jacket might have patches on it? Last time I checked, it had a name tag and one majcom patch put on with velcro. If you wanted to take the patch off your jacket, velcro doesn't need to be "cut off".
Well, he happens to be one of the pilots featured on the Discovery channel special, the real deal.

Well, he happens to be one of the pilots featured on the Discovery channel special, the real deal.

Okay - so what's your point? I'm not questioning his existence, it just seems a bit strange since AF leather jackets don't have "patches".

Quite a step up for him, eh? Eagles and F-117s in the war to flying to
the grand canyon. Maybe I'd start cutting up my wardrobe too.

Do you guys have uniforms or can pilots just show up wearing whatever they want?

What made this guy pick that day to begin to cut up his flight jacket while you were enroute?

Latest resources

Back