Navy A-6 pilot desert storm/shield

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Guys, I'm flying with a guy( contract) who says he flew A-6's during desert storm/shield. He also says he did a lot of other stuff but his skill level and way he represents himself don't add up. I can't put my finger on it but something isn't right.
My question to you is this. If he is telling the truth and did fly A-6's during the war, what unit would he have been with and which carrier did he fly from. I appreciate your input.
He also said he trained Israeli pilots in the A-4 in 1988. I thought the Israeli's had their own training.

Guys, I'm flying with a guy( contract) who says he flew A-6's during desert storm/shield. He also says he did a lot of other stuff but his skill level and way he represents himself don't add up. I can't put my finger on it but something isn't right.
My question to you is this. If he is telling the truth and did fly A-6's during the war, what unit would he have been with and which carrier did he fly from. I appreciate your input.
He also said he trained Israeli pilots in the A-4 in 1988. I thought the Israeli's had their own training.

A-6's did fly during the war. I think the last squadorn was decommed around '96. Not sure about the Israeli training but it's not out of the question.

I believe VA-128 was the last A-6 squadron and it was decomissioned in 1996. Know what squadron this guy was in?

B/N= Bombardier/Navigator

Funny how these clowns lie to your face about "war stories".

I had a new RJ Cpt flying into Key West (not navy EYW mind you)

He seemed a bit off when we got into the plane and he put on his green air force gloves. I thought, oh brother this is going to be a long week.

So going into EYW, a 4,000 ft rway, he is over there sweating his a$$ off and real nervous. Seemed strange for such an experienced military aviator.

So he goes on and on on he went thru a thundersotrm and banged up a plane with hail and made it thru with his superior skill. Apparently according to him , the only guy to total a C130 in the air blah blah and keep on going.

So days worth of this stuff and it keeps getting stranger. He is off to his guard unit in INDY.

So I leave this guy and j/s to ATL on DAL. These two old crusty pilots are in the cockpit. (Two of the coolest pilots I ever had the pleasure to fly in the cockpit with). They start talking about their units. Just so happens that the FO is in the same unit.

So I drop this CPT's name and the FO about dies with laughter as I tell him the stories.

Come to find out the "super pilot" was no pilot @ all, he was a B/N in the military and drives a desk in his unit with no military flying experience.

4 days of wasted time that I will never get back.

Funny that I nailed that glove wearing clown.

Funny how these clowns lie to your face about "war stories".

I had a new RJ Cpt flying into Key West (not navy EYW mind you)

He seemed a bit off when we got into the plane and he put on his green air force gloves. I thought, oh brother this is going to be a long week.

So going into EYW, a 4,000 ft rway, he is over there sweating his a$$ off and real nervous. Seemed strange for such an experienced military aviator.

So he goes on and on on he went thru a thundersotrm and banged up a plane with hail and made it thru with his superior skill. Apparently according to him , the only guy to total a C130 in the air blah blah and keep on going.

So days worth of this stuff and it keeps getting stranger. He is off to his guard unit in INDY.

So I leave this guy and j/s to ATL on DAL. These two old crusty pilots are in the cockpit. (Two of the coolest pilots I ever had the pleasure to fly in the cockpit with). They start talking about their units. Just so happens that the FO is in the same unit.

So I drop this CPT's name and the FO about dies with laughter as I tell him the stories.

Come to find out the "super pilot" was no pilot @ all, he was a B/N in the military and drives a desk in his unit with no military flying experience.

4 days of wasted time that I will never get back.

Funny that I nailed that glove wearing clown.

Ok, WTF does this entire worthless story have anything to do about a guy who posted a thread asking if A-6's flew in Desert Storm?

You know what's even funnier? Hopping in the cockpit with a civilian buffoon who feels as if he has to explain to you how tough his career progression has been as he describes his Embry Ridiculous college flying and then how rough it was learning to fly an RJ from point A to B for 9 hours a day. Then the clown can't even talk on the radio much less do anything but punch numbers in the FMS. Then he/she asks you what your background is and you say "all military fighter time" and their mouth gapes open as they say "oh my god man, how cool...I could have done that, but I decided to fly an RJ instead." And then you just roll your eyes and chuckle.

Yep, no point to my story - just as there was no obvious point to yours.

To the original poster of this thread - yes A-6's did indeed fly in DS.

Latest resources

Back