Native Americans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PhatAJ2008 said:
I'm a student at Florida State... I don't think private companies will have to change the names of their products, but as far as I know we may have to change our SEMINOLE mascot which is ridicules.

I still like the CRIMINOLES name that was given to the school. Check out the police blotter from this summer.

Leading returning tackler A.J. Nicholson being Tasered by cops, after they fished him out from behind a bush, less than six months after he was arrested for DUI.

Second-leading tackler Ernie Sims being arrested on misdemeanor domestic battery charges.

I gave him a pass because I thought that was due to lyme disease. Not really his fault, unless he did something other than claim to be Jesus.

On a related tangent. Anybody know if the Mescaleros still have their special "Apache"? I'd heard about it, but didn't quite believe it until I saw it; a Piper Cheyenne with all the original insigia removed and "Apache" on the cowlings. Been years though....

Both my high school and college had Native American mascots/names. So far, only the high school changed its name. What's funny is that it wasn't Native Americans who made the push for the PC name change, it was caucasians in suits. :rolleyes:

Redskin and Illini for life.

Vector4fun said:
On a related tangent. Anybody know if the Mescaleros still have their special "Apache"? I'd heard about it, but didn't quite believe it until I saw it; a Piper Cheyenne with all the original insigia removed and "Apache" on the cowlings. Been years though....

Heh - I wonder if they file as an Apache instead of a Cheyenne, just to confuse you guys? Incidentally, I've been called a Citation at least three different times, and all three times it's been while talking to approach at your airport. Maybe that's your passive aggressive way of telling me to slow the heck down. :D

bigD said:
Heh - I wonder if they file as an Apache instead of a Cheyenne, just to confuse you guys? Incidentally, I've been called a Citation at least three different times, and all three times it's been while talking to approach at your airport. Maybe that's your passive aggressive way of telling me to slow the heck down. :D

I dunno, but you're generally faster than a straight-wing Citation, aren't you? :)

I'm kinda anal about aircraft types. Bug my co-workers to death correcting them all the time. I saw a "C178" go by yesterday. But even I can't keep em all straight in my head anymore. I've seen like 35 different identifiers used for different model Citations. I think pilots/FSS make up new ones. Then we get pilots filing stuff like "S35" because they have a S model Bonanza. I think a lot of controllers are giving up keeping them straight. And the FAA keeps changing the "official" identifiers too. Then you got your certified Lancairs and your experimental Lancairs, etc. etc.

Latest resources

Back