• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nationwide groundstop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....now why again does anyone want more Federal Govt?

Let's look at Lockheed Martin as a shining example of what happens when we outsource an ATC function to the lowest bidder. It took me 30 minutes and four f---ing phone calls to get a clearance last week, as I was bounced from facility to facility, each one more incompetent than the last. :mad:

was in clt with no pdc when i called for our clearance. was told I was #4 and they (clt atc) put us in the system. no delay for us - got right out. lucky day i guess.

this has happened before and will happen again.

who was the piedmont that asked for a tower enroute from clt to sby? A 400nm tower enroute, thats alot of towers.

With all the airlines shrinking and some even disappearing, notice the # of inspectors per airline is increasing?

SWA gets fined millions, TSA is going after Eagle after getting embarrassed and caught damaging their airplanes to gain entry...

The government is going to fine itself out of aviation. Deregulation is around the corner and it will be the 1970's again, which will make it so damn expensive that only the rich will fly again, and more airlines will disappear.

It isn't CNN that's the idiot, it's our government. They are self-destructing the airline business, which will cost them the jobs they are trying to save by putting insane amounts of inspectors on the airlines.

Airline safety has never been higher. They should lay off the extra inspectors and spend that money on the ATC system, which IS important.

Bah!

who was the piedmont that asked for a tower enroute from clt to sby? A 400nm tower enroute, thats alot of towers.

Heh....

Remember when a ZDC sector freq went down, and all departures northish were getting 4 hour delays? About a year ago?

A TEC is valid out of Charlotte at or below 11,000. It isn't nearly so easy beyond PHL because ZNY is so low up there.

Works like a charm. ;)

It is only 300ish miles on the routing.

Another great trick on the short routes into Philly to avoid ZNYSWAP when the effing weather is clear is VFR. Best I've done is SWF to PHL, cleared direct Eskoe at 9500. Did it in 28 minutes, I think?

Last edited:
used to do tower enroute from iad-phl, bwi-phl, swf-phl and isp-phl.

when its smooth the low route (along the del river) in and out of swf is good too.

Latest resources

Back