• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

National Geographic FedEx 705 on NOW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah i watched that.. twice. along with the air transat one (that was my 4th time seeing it)

whens valujet on?

That FedEx 705 is amazing stuff. Ex-navy pilots have to get some respect!

And to think, that guy was depressed working there, how many of us would love to have his job today!!!

SinglePliot135 said:
That FedEx 705 is amazing stuff. Ex-navy pilots have to get some respect!

And to think, that guy was depressed working there, how many of us would love to have his job today!!!

yes, now everyone wants that job, but could you say that in 1994? Back in those days being a panel monkey probably didn't cut it for a former navy jet jock. If you weren't flying widebodies make 300K and sharin hotels with hot FAs you were wastin your time. Clearly this guy fell off the crazy truck, but in 1994, cargo was not the darling it is today.

Last edited:
Oh-ryan said:
Back in those days being a panel monkey probably did cut it for a former navy jet jock.

I don't lump a guy who's squadron commander recommended he be a "permanent co-pilot" in with the rest of naval aviation. This guy was a complete tool who slipped through the cracks.

I missed it (not on my cable service) but wasn't he about to be fired by FedEx for failing to disclose his prior employment with Flying Tigers?

I'm surprised there wasn't more made of that incident, especially after 9/11. That incident seemed to have the potential to kill as many people as the attack on the WTC.

And yea, in the early-mid 90's, a lot of guys were using FedEx, as well as all the other cargo carriers, to get an F/E ticket and/or some civilian time prior to hiring on with one of the "real" airlines....the legacy carriers.

Whistlin' Dan said:
I missed it (not on my cable service) but wasn't he about to be fired by FedEx for failing to disclose his prior employment with Flying Tigers?

I'm surprised there wasn't more made of that incident, especially after 9/11. That incident seemed to have the potential to kill as many people as the attack on the WTC.

And yea, in the early-mid 90's, a lot of guys were using FedEx, as well as all the other cargo carriers, to get an F/E ticket and/or some civilian time prior to hiring on with one of the "real" airlines....the legacy carriers.

:confused:Me too, are they going to replay it? Yes, he was going to be fired for his Flying Tigers job problems and he was also going through a MESSY divorce...If memory Serves!

I haven't read the book, but is the Flying Tigers the only thing he didn't disclose. I heard a rumor about him getting kicked outta the Navy or something. What the skinny on that?

Latest resources

Back