National Geographic FedEx 705 on NOW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IFollowRoads said:
I don't lump a guy who's squadron commander recommended he be a "permanent co-pilot" in with the rest of naval aviation. This guy was a complete tool who slipped through the cracks.

affirmative action anyone? (If no, certainly alliteration then)

Thedude said:
I haven't read the book, but is the Flying Tigers the only thing he didn't disclose. I heard a rumor about him getting kicked outta the Navy or something. What the skinny on that?
According to the book, he was flying for Gulf Air when he was hired by Tigers. He took leave from Gulf, claiming jury duty. When they found out he was, in fact, in class at Tigers, he was fired from both companies.

He made a couple of mistakes when applying at FedEx. The first was failing to mention his prior employment with (and subsequent termination by) Flying Tigers. The other was claiming PIC time in S-3's, which was not substantiated by his military records. When FE bought FT, it was the beginning of the end for Calloway...

Here's where he's at today...

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderServlet?Transaction=NameSearch&needingMoreList=false&LastName=Calloway&Middle=&FirstName=Auburn&Race=U&Sex=U&Age=&x=326&y=292

Latest resources

Back