Nastiest Hotel for an airline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SAW

I never had the pleasure of staying at the IronMountain 'resort', but KSAW double wide express was the worst. I could hear the guy 3 rooms down fighting thru the wall to the guy 4 rooms down to be quiet. Course the only people I ever saw stay there worked for Skyway, I mean Midwest Connect. The room finally heated up in the winter about checkout time....

-TC

Hey Impala boy, you ready to get off management's desk and move outta SYX?

PM me, and bowtie all the way!

Last edited:
I've stayed at the Wayfarer in Manchester before,it's not that bad. There is a new and old side. The new side had fire damage from a fire a couple years back, this 'wing' is all totally refurbished and looks brand new with nice views of a large pond out back.
USairways, delta, aca, to mention a few all stay there!
By far the worst i've stayed at is the Clarion at LGA. NEVER AGAIN!

Go Clarion GO!!

Heh heh heh...

Sounds like NEDude has found the only nice one in the land!!

Sounds like NEDude has found the only nice one in the land!!

Yeah, and as of next Monday we aren't going there anymore! Go figure. I'll gladly give up the hot meal in order to not have to deal with the AZO station personnel anymore.:rolleyes:

I will shed a tear when our last AZO flight departs. I was all about that buffet. But BeechSlapped is right, the AZO station personnel are the worst.

Hey BeechSlapped - Hats are cool.:D

Last edited:
I'm going with the Clarion at LGA. The one that use to be a parking garage, that's why the hallways are frequently slopped at a 30 degree angle. It was supposed to be a crackhouse in the early 80's, but I believe that's a legend. Rooms were absolute disaster with tinier bathrooms then the ones I had in Tokyo. They're like the mega small rooms you get at hotels in Manhattan, except you're in FR*CKING Queens.

As far as the staff at this hotel, well let's just say you will get every negative New York sterotype out of them, so it's best to laugh. Tried the beer at the 'bar' one night and found it to be totally skunked. Then told I still had to pay for it, which I laughed off. Only positive was that Spirit crews stayed their and alot of their FA's are hot, fake t!t South Beach types. Since nobody else is around, a f-ugly guy like myself actually had a shot.

I'll cast my vote for the Best Western Fortnighter in Portland, Or. It's been a couple of years since I last stayed there, but on my last night I had a trail of ants walking across my bed while I was trying to sleep.

Pretty gross. They were all trying to make it to the trash can. The hotel manager was a d!ck, as well. He gave me a lot of crap for wanting my room changed. We got the Ramada from then on. A big improvement.

fbo hotel

I dont know, although many of these sound bad it cant be worse the ole' "FBO Lounge Hotel". Nothing worse than trying to sleep on the couch of an FBO while some corporate driver watches CNNfN and complains about his portfolio.

Knights Inn- Arlington, TX

My vote goes for the Knights Inn out in Arlington, TX. Its where American Eagle puts up some of the newhire classes during ground school. The rooms smelled like mildew and were infested with bugs and crickets. There were several times that a bug would hop onto my book in my lap while I was studying. I switched rooms 3 times my first week then eventually quit switching once I saw it was a losing battle, with each room getting worse and worse! That was such a.....good...time....trying to sleep at night with crickets chirping inside your room, to the point you're up half the night trying to find them so you can kill them and get back to sleep!

Meanwhile, other newhire classes stayed at the Candlewood Suites just down the road. :rolleyes:

Homecooking, Kangaroo Cowboy, I fully expect to hear the Clarion in LGA story here very soon...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back