Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captainjerky

I can edit this line?
I'd like to start a collection of the nastiest places the airlines put us up in for overnights. Is there a way to attach a picture to messages, or does that chew up too much bandwidth?

Nastiest place I've ever stayed was the Wayfarer Inn @ MHT.. The place looks nice, but smells like 100 year old mold.

Holiday Inn Stadium in Philadelphia.

Nasty staff... Possibly the nastiest I have ever seen. And according to one of our departed FO's, the front desk manager had been "coming on" to her and eventually let himself into her room late at night to "make sure everything was okay with her stay" or something similar. The creepy guy who drove me to the airport one morning was quizzing me about this same woman and actually asked me for her full name and PHONE NUMBER. Let's just say I pretended that I didn't have the phone number, and in an attempt to get him off the scent, told him she had a fiance and was getting married in three months.

One time I drove down there (left my car in the lot so I could go visit a friend in Philly after my pairing was done), and as I was walking from my car to the hotel, a person loitering at the entrance asked if I could drive him to Wendy's. I never did determine if this person was a hotel guest or a vagrant (difficult to believe the latter as this is not the kind of area that would be a rich area for a panhandler)... Or, indeed, if "Wendy's" was the fast-food restaurant or the home of a "friend".

I realized one morning as I was overcome by an odor in the elevator that someone had used the elevator as a urinal. Naturally, it was the only operational elevator in the building, the other(s) were OTS.

On another morning, after getting no sleep because of all the partying going on until 3am on my floor, I found litter of beer cans and, get this, PEANUT SHELLS all over the hallway.

Another time they didn't have any rooms...

The above four situations that I personally witnessed were culled from my total of THREE NIGHTS in that hotel (the fourth didn't end in a "stay" of course!). Strangely, my coworkers thought this was an improvement over the PHL MicroTel. Needless to say, I didn't agree. :)

Funny how the 1st 2 replies are colgan and shuttle... Could this be a coincidence??

I'll continue the trend and say "Holiday in Express & Dennys" Bedford Hanscom Field.... Ooohhh Fah...

No coinicidence, I'm sure. :)

Never stayed anywhere in Bedford aside from the Sheraton, which is a fine place. Gotta love that neato single-serve coffeemaker in the lobby! I want one for my house!!

the question is why do the crews put up with substandard hotels?

I didn't... I called the very nice gal in scheduling who was in charge of hotels and she switched hotels.. Simple as that.

No conicidence since those are two of the scummiest airlines out there

We all value your opinion here... NOT

80for80 said:
No conicidence since those are two of the scummiest airlines out there, the question is why do the crews put up with substandard hotels? I know that I wouldn't put up with crap like that.

But you would put up with flying a 129 seat airplane for 80 bucks an hour?!?!?!

Even this bottom-feeding college student/CFI "wouldn't put up with crap like that".

No conicidence since those are two of the scummiest airlines out there, the question is why do the crews put up with substandard hotels? I know that I wouldn't put up with crap like that.

Funny, but Delta and USAirways mainline also stay at the Wayfarer in MHT. ACA did for a while (and maybe still does). So it isn't just the "scumiest airlines" that stay there. Thankfully we - CommutAir- have just moved out of there to the Homewood Suites.

>>>No conicidence since those are two of the scummiest airlines out there<<<

No "conicidence" that 80for80 is one of the scummiest POSTERS out there.

Imagine taking delight in the mistakes of others (see "shuttle america incident" or whatever the title is of the thread this scummy individual started).

Imagine the empty, bitter life you must lead to continue with the name-calling on yet another thread.

Imagine having to spend even a minute in the cockpit with such a low-life.

Imagine how little I care to hear this person's opinion on... Well... ANYTHING.

Cheers! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back