• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N1KE Gear Problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All down and good. Be interesting to see what comes of all this. I'm sure this is a lot of coverage that Nike and Gulfstream would have loved not to have.

FoxNews just said that the King Air is a similar jet to the G-V. What a bunch of clowns!

How did they know the gear would not come down if their destination was Toronto?

Looks like they had something that was keeping it from going up

Gumby said:
That Mary Schiavo, is one hot piece of arse!!!:puke:
As always, nothing but solid and pertinent commentary from our friendly green guy. C'mon you know you're secretly in love with "Scary Mary".;)

I was up for a quick flight and talking to the same controller while this was all happening. The pilot calmly asked for a block so they could do some fairly aggressive maneuvering to try to get the gear down. I landed before it was over, but heard they made it into Hillsboro OK. I didn't know it was already on TV until now. Nice job by the crew, unfortunate for the media. No "captivating" images of a Fortune 500 jet cartwheeling down the runway in a fiery mess. I guess they figure if they broadcast enough inflight problems, they're bound to get the carnage they're always looking for. Glad it all worked out.

I saw John O'Meara, (Gulfstream flt ops) on MSNBC. He did a great job of explaining to the commentator what was going on and what had been accomplished.

I did have one thought, someone at Gulfstream public relations is going to catch he11 for letting him on MSNBC. I can understand not letting him on FOX (Ruppert flies Globals) but MSNBC is owned by GE, which happens to be getting rid of their G4's for Global 5000's.

The correct choice would have been CNN, Time-Warner owns 2-G550's, 2-G5's and a G4.

Why doesnt FOX or CNN just interview someone from Gulfstream Academy. I'm sure those guys would know what was going on. For that sort of chedder they pay, they better know something.

Latest resources

Back