• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

N1KE Gear Problems

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Holy crap, I couldn't stop laughing when I watched the animated version. I guess they couldn't be satisfied with just one holding fix. Had to fly around the entire state of Oregon. LMAO

Jack Mehoff said:
wow, now FOX news inhouse private pilot John Scott is analizing the GV main gear schematic! This guy is like the McGuyver of Fox moring news!!

I also enjoyed Jonh King's expert advice as well. He and Martha have truly reached the zenith of perfection when it comes to analyzing technical information. Somehow evidently it can be related to 152's though.

Last edited:
Guitar rocker said:
I also enjoyed Jonh King's expert advice as well. He and Martha have truly reached the zenith of perfection when it comes to analyzing technical information. Somehow evidently it can be related to 152's though.

Hmmm..Martha King..Now your talking, a true BABE for Rice!!!:puke:

G4G5 said:
I saw John O'Meara, (Gulfstream flt ops) on MSNBC. He did a great job of explaining to the commentator what was going on and what had been accomplished.

I did have one thought, someone at Gulfstream public relations is going to catch he11 for letting him on MSNBC. I can understand not letting him on FOX (Ruppert flies Globals) but MSNBC is owned by GE, which happens to be getting rid of their G4's for Global 5000's.

The correct choice would have been CNN, Time-Warner owns 2-G550's, 2-G5's and a G4.

As far as I know, Murdoch flies in a BBJ, not a Global. He did fly a G4 prior to getting the BBJ.

I was in Sydney a couple of months ago and parked next to his Global. Granted it could have been one of his sons but the technician fixing it told me the he worked for Ruppert Murdoch.

Last edited:
NTSB Prelim Sheds A Little More Light on GV Stuck Gear Incident

While the sight of a Gulfstream V circling Portland with one gear stuck up captivated the national news services until they realized that no crash was to take place, it's the details that most concern those of us in the aviation community. The NTSB Prelim sheds a little more light on the incident and the excellent crew/Gulfstream coordination that turned this media-event into a non-event.
NTSB Identification: SEA06IA019
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Incident occurred Monday, November 21, 2005 in Hillsboro, OR
Aircraft: Gulfstream Aerospace G-5, registration: N225GV
Injuries: 7 Uninjured.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
On November 21, 2005, at approximately 0600 Pacific standard time, a Gulfstream Aerospace, G-5 (file photo, below), N225GV, was not damaged following a right main landing gear door sequencing failure near Portland-Hillsboro Airport (KHIO), Hillsboro, Oregon. The airline transport pilot, the airline transport co-pilot, the cabin attendant, and four passengers were not injured. Nike Inc. was operating the flight under Title 14 CFR Part 91. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed for the cross-country business flight which was originating at the time of the event. An IFR flight plan had been activated.
The pilot said that as they raised the landing gear on the initial takeoff, the right main gear door did not retract. He said that the checklist instructed him to cycle the landing gear; when he cycled the landing gear, the right main became jammed in the half down position. The pilot performed a low fly-by, and maintenance personnel on the ground photographed the bottom of the airplane. Gulfstream Aerospace engineers reviewed the photograph and advised the pilot in how to extend the landing gear. Six hours and ten minutes after takeoff, the airplane landed successfully.
FMI: http://ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?ev_id=20051123X01879&key=1

Latest resources

Back