• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mynn?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am definitely not a terrorist, and I wouldn't say poser either...as a poser would pretend to know everything while I realize that I know very little about aviation in general, and especially charter, fractional, etc. I am in the process of learning to be a pilot, and joined this site as a way to read as much as possible about aviation from those involved, and maybe ask some questions.

I know the joke responses are just that, jokes, and knowing what I have learned in this thread about the common tail number that is used with all NetJets operated aircraft, they are pretty funny.

I do thank Illinipilot for the explanation about the NetJets fleet. I just thought it was odd that the majority of the jets at a particular airport were operated by the same company (they were also the four largest there) with similar flight schedules, even if they are one of the most well known.

Sorry if I seem stupid, but I am just trying to understand as much about aviation as possible.

Thanks.

Keep asking questions. Everybody has had help early on and the group will assist.

Some comments are meant to show how witty we can be.

Hang out at PBI on a sunday afternoon, there will be about 50 QS on the ramp with more coming and going.

Here in Europe the Netjets fleet has a CS- prefix (Portugal) and there is not a QS in sight..... unless one is visiting from the Bahamas.

Question

His post was no less intelligent than many I have read by professional pilots discussing hedge funds, private equity funds, and the ownership side of the fractional business.

Fly safe.

MWwest2004

With all respect,

Take flying lessons that's great.

A chiroprator at a party made a similar comment as you did here.

My advice to him?

Go buy airline tickets, or charter if you can.

Consider getting a few years experience before you just Willy Nilly go flying off into the Bahama's with your family on board.

Remember "back in the day" all the airplanes referred to "Doctor Killers"?

People getting minimum training and blasting off into the "hereafter" with there families.

There was recently a very sad example of a highly experienced pilot crashing with a couple young families on board.

Think John John Kennedy.

The other guys can give you a 1000 more examples.

There are highly experienced pilots here that could provide you this service that need the work.

No offense meant, Take care, Semore

Hey, Semore. I would much rather see a new pilot fly his family the 100 nm from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau than say the 100 from Denver to Aspen, or Teterboro to Hartford. It's flat, it's not too crowded, the water is warm and full of boats! Plus the weather is very predictible.

All you new private pilots out there: through a raft and some lift jackets on board, make sure you have a passport and call Customs, and go for it! Flying out to the islands is a blast! (Don't stop at Nassau - go to Marsh Harbor, Eleuthera, Governour's...the real Bahamas!)

Latest resources

Back