Mynn?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying your family

Thinking of flying your family somewhere if you are not a professional??

Would you conduct brain surgery or heart surgery on a member of your family? -- Well if you have always wanted to be a doctor since your were a kid, and have read a few medical magazines, taken a few courses, and think it would be fun??? Leave the flying to professionals. Leave surgery to your professionals. Heck -- most hobby flyers probably don't feel comfortable do their own income tax return.

Fly safe (not stupid).

Flying isn't brain surgery though. Anybody with average plus intelligence, around 500 hours of free time and about $4,000 can become a pilot.

That gets you a lifetime certificate that opens up a whole new world to explore and play. It is entirely appropriate to take ones family on a vacation using this mode of transportation.

The non-professional pilot, however, is not going to go when there is a chance of poor weather or their schedule can not allow for delays. The professional pilot is paid for their ability to get the flight completed in all but the worst of conditions. It is our experience that allows us to operate safely in all types of regions and weather. We can go right up to the limit and know where that limit is to stay safe and get the mission completed. That's what you pay for when you buy our experience.

In keeping with the medical comparison; taking your family to Nassau on a clear day (which most are there!) isn't brain surgery, it's cleaning your kids scraped knee. You don't need a professional for that. Want to go some mountain airport on Tuesday regardless of what the weather is and come back Wednesday? Get a professional pilot.

GP

Hang out at PBI on a sunday afternoon, there will be about 50 QS on the ramp with more coming and going.

You will also see about 10 Flight Options planes laying around but not going anywhere except in and out of the maintenance hangar. Some come in quietly after a dead stick landing. Some are easy to spot with the fire trucks chasing them down the runway. They use many tail numbers and colors to confuse the un-suspecting rich. Most of the pilots that fly them do not smile, the ones that are have bright red clown lips from drinking the cool-aid and have that crazy look in their eyes! :nuts:

That's what it takes to learn to fly a plane......it takes experience to become a pilot.

Tell that to the guy who just got his PILOT license. I bet he agrees with me.

It takes experience to become a professional pilot.

Tell that to the guy who just got his PILOT license. I bet he agrees with me.

It takes experience to become a professional pilot.

If they could teach a chimpanzee to pass a checkride and gave him a liscense, who it be a pilot? Just because a person passes a checkride and gets a piece of plastic with the word pilot on it does not mean it's so.

I know people out there with a pilot liscense that I would not even trust to take your dog up flying.

I understand your point and I do not mean to detract from the accomplishment of a person getting their PPL, but all that first 40-50 hours teach you is how to land/ take off and not get lost......that's pretty much it.

Latest resources

Back