• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Best Wishes!

Minh
(Father of two)

Congrats to you and your family. I echo the thoughts of many of the posters that everything will work out for the best. You're in our prayers.

My oldest son came down with ITP (Ideopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura), simply said it's a problem where his body flushed platlettes from his blood. Similar to hemophilia. Normal platelette counts are in the range of 200,000-300,000 (if I remember correctly). At his worst, they dropped to 7,000! It was so bad, if he sat on a penny, within minutes you would see the outline of the bruise. If he were to roll over in bed and bump his head, the bruise could have been fatal.

For several months, he wore a capped IV and took 4-7 injections a week of a steroid to help build his platelettes back to a reasonable level. You know you've got a tough little guy, who (then at 18 months) would hold his arm out and not flinch for an IV to be inserted.

Falcon Capt. is correct with the miracles of modern medicine. My son is now 11 and shows no lingering affects. Medicine, prayers and countless sleepless nights saw us through.

Congatulations again. Keep us updated on his progress.

Regards,
2000Flyer

Good luck, man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

On a positive note, medical technology is truly amazing these days, I'm sure your son is in good hands.

Take care, man.

Congrats on your new addition, Typhoon.

I hope everything works out with your son. I'm sure it will... babies seem to have amazing powers of healing and recovery.

The real problem will be getting our crappy insurance to cover all of it. That 20% hurts.

If4f

wow...congratulations and best wishes for you, your family and your newest addition! Hope all goes well!!!

Best wishes

It is amazing just how robust the little ones are. They seem so helpless, but in reality they a very harty bunch. Hope everything works out.

A word of warning. These critters don't stay little for long. My mistake was feeding her too much, so now she is taller than I am. I even tried the books on the head thing to try and make her stay my "little girl". Nothing worked. She grew up in spite of my efforts.

Best wishes to mother and son.
Before you know it, you'll be giving flying lessons. One of my best memories from my sons childhood is the image of him standing on the floor of my PA23-160 with yoke in hand. Luckily for him, he grew out of flying and is well on his way to becoming a professional orchesta musician.

Good Luck,
8N

You must be going through I very difficult time. Hope you still can experience the joy of a new child. I will pray for your son.

Latest resources

Back