• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Save Asa Plan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great, could you please demonstrate to me how it would be more cost effective (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know what that means) to furlough lower paid employees....than to furlough higher paid employees.

And I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you know about seniority AND a contract. Sorry, the contract trumps you!

Another modest proposal.

How about this: for every pilot furloughed from the bottom of the list, one pilot from the top of the list gets furloughed.

Think of the consequences/changes this would bring... Better for the company, better for the pilot group as a whole.

Deep breath....

Read between the lines here. What I'm really indicting is the idea that anyone really cares more about the company than they do about their own interests. Seriously, if you are senior and think that 'selfish' punk kids are wrong for suggesting that the higher end of the pay scales are what is holding ASA (insert your airline here) back, I would suggest that you look in the mirror. In addition, if you seriously think that the higher end of the pay scales are what is holding ASA (insert your airline here) back, I would suggest that you also look in the mirror.

This business treats the people who dedicate their careers to it terribly.

Last edited:
Another modest proposal.

How about this: for every pilot furloughed from the bottom of the list, one pilot from the top of the list gets furloughed.

Think of the consequences/changes this would bring... Better for the company, better for the pilot group as a whole.

Deep breath....

Read between the lines here. What I'm really indicting is the idea that anyone really cares more about the company than they do about their own interests. Seriously, if you are senior and think that 'selfish' punk kids are wrong for suggesting that the higher end of the pay scales are what is holding ASA (insert your airline here) back, I would suggest that you look in the mirror. In addition, if you seriously think that the higher end of the pay scales are what is holding ASA (insert your airline here) back, I would suggest that you also look in the mirror.

This business treats the people who dedicate their careers to it terribly.

Well, maybe we should have all picked different careers! No one twisted our arms behind our backs and there were other options--and maybe, there still are other options!

Great, could you please demonstrate to me how it would be more cost effective (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know what that means) to furlough lower paid employees....than to furlough higher paid employees.

It would be more cost effective if Hylobatidae, (the Lesser APES) flew the airplanes instead of Humans, a member of the Hominidae, (the Greater APES), also! Would you buy a ticket on that airline?

Since we are all Hominoids, "can't we all just get along?"

Last edited:
It would be more cost effective if robots could fly the airplanes instead of humans, also! Would you buy a ticket on that airline?

Someday, none of us will have a choice because that is in the future for sure. It is just a matter of time. It might be 100 years, but it will happen.

It would be more cost effective if robots could fly the airplanes instead of humans, also! Would you buy a ticket on that airline?

It would be much more cost effective to furlough Management than it would be to furlough any Professional Pilot! We could get rid of all the real dead weight and the airplanes could still be flown!

Would you buy a ticket on that airline? Heck, Yeah!

Last edited:
Well, maybe we should have all picked different careers! No one twisted our arms behind our backs and there were other options--and maybe, there still are other options!

Seriously, didya even read what I posted? :erm:

By definition, a professional pilot had to have liked the job at least at one point in time. I happen to still like the job, but just hate how much cr@p I have to take to do it.

Someday, none of us will have a choice because that is in the future for sure. It is just a matter of time. It might be 100 years, but it will happen.

Concur: The pilot career is nearing its end.

It has already been proven: People care primarily about their pocketbooks. Give them the impression that they will be safe and pilots will only be a memory.

It would be much more cost effective to furlough Management than it would be to furlough any Professional Pilot! We could get rid of all the real dead weight and the airplanes could still be flown!

Would you buy a ticket on that airline? Heck, Yeah!

Can we call you the "Hammer"?

Latest resources

Back