Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Quest for Big Brown is over!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While it is great that FO 4 Life has been called to class. It is important to know that he did not swim in the pool. He only interviewed in MID AUGUST. (I know this because of previous posts.) So, yes congrats on a successful interview and not swimming, but I would rather see long term poolies getting called for class. The swim has been long enough for Chris, Dog Rocket, and KBB, too.:confused:

FO 4 Life said:

Funny how you have edited both of your last posts....you were very boastful of no swimming anywhere "except for the backyard." I just wanted to know why you posted on this thread. Your quest for big brown is over...

Most of the people who read and post are well aware of how long Bohnzai, LLB, KBB, Chris, and Dog Rocket have been swimming. I think it is only fair to let people know you haven't been swimming as long as those guys. Better yet, you haven't been swimming at all.:bomb:

Congratulations to all hired! Had the opportunity to speak with Mr. Donahue the other day ... UPS announced they will hire 210 in '06 and 150 in '07. There are about 40 left in the pool. Said the same as you've heard previously ... the pool is competetive and being hired is [unfortunately] not a certainty.

The numbers could change upward if over 60 FE's retire with the new contract. "Rumor" is UPS is VERY SERIOUSLY considering acquiring 20-50 converted 767-200 pax jets. If that becomes reality it will obviously drive the need for hundreds of new pilots.

Continue to update your times. Hopefully they will drain the current pool!

BBB

Thank you

Thanks again everyone!

I'm still coming to grips with the reality of it all. I'm sure in will sink in once I start class.

BBB that's great news! With all of the potential hiring, I surely hope those 40 poolies can be saved also.

On a side note, when will the results of the new TA come out?

bohnzai

duh

On a side note, when will the results of the new TA come out?

bohnzai[/quote]

I just read it on the majors forum. Nevermind

SKYWAITRESS,

Are you trying to go to UPS? Why all the noise? It seems you have made my being hired a personal vendetta. I simply asked a question regarding base choices to Bohnzai when called for class. No one hired has control over how long they swim or don't swim. Call HR and ask them. I edited my posts after deciding answering your comments would not be productive yet you continue.

My quest for big brown is over. I've tried for the last 10 years to get hired at UPS. What is accomplished by pointing out when I interviewed and was hired? I know people who started class a few weeks ago. Some were in the pool over a year and some were not in the pool at all. It happens.

“I think it is only fair to let people know you haven't been swimming as long as those guys. Better yet, you haven't been swimming at all. Skywaitress”

Skywaitress,

I am very confused on the message of your post?

I thought FO 4 LIFE said he/she was glad that his/her long pursuit for UPS was over, I didn’t see any references regarding the time frame he or she was swimming in the pool.

Based on some of your previous posts I assume you are at Southwest? If so, I am even more confused - are you in the pool at UPS as well?

Are you then upset that FO 4 LIFE was called before you for a class???

Well, if you ARE in the pool (I’m not sure) that means you must have studied up on UPS history, their policies, etc, etc for your HR interview and in that case you should have known they have a competitive new-hire pool!? I am not part of UPS myself but have many friends there and all of them told me that the competitive pool has been in effect for many, many years, so there’s nothing new here.

Yet you sound like you are either surprised or pissed? I’m sure there’s more to this story but I guess I’m just missing your point so would you please explain?

Btw, I think it’s wonderful all poolies are finally getting their calls, and I hope all of them, (including you if you ARE in the pool) will get that call very soon.

Last edited:
I am very well aware of the practice of the competetive pool at UPS. When you are the last person to post on this website and someone posts to your thread, you receive a message on your email account that a reply has been posted. I have his original messages in my personal email account. He was very boastful on both replies. I just wanted to know what makes him so superior to those who have been swimming in the pool? Yes, I was pissed at his arrogance in his original messages and thank goodness I don't have to work with him at Southwest! I have close friends in the "competetive" pool who deserve to be called to class just like him. Excuse me for making "noise".

I see, I guess he (she?) deleted the replies before I could read them but it sounds like a very unprofessional reply by someone who just got hired. I too have several friends who’ve been in the pool for several months ++ and I think they’re absolutely superb guys (in & outside the cockpit). I’d be upset too if someone was belittling them by boasting his own performance. Anyway, maybe that’s not what he/she meant but I definitely understand you “making “noise.” Take care ;)

FO4LIFE - be nice! or you might be an FO even longer than you've already planned for :)

Latest resources

Back