My Hero Passed Yesterday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultraman,

Well Jeff G just wrote my sentiments about tearing up too.

It's nice to know so many of us think so highly of our parents that we consider them our heroes.

Any military war veteran deserves the highest accolades. I'm sure the big man upstairs is proud to have him as his new co-pilot.

God Bless you and your family.

Happy landings Ultraman

Add another to the tearing up section. My father is still around but I am sure I will feel the same feelings that you are right now when my hero's time comes. My thoughts are with you, my friend.

Skyking

-To fly west, my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check...

It's men like your dad who are the heart and soul of Brokaw's Greatest Generation.

Godspeed.

Ultraman,

So very sorry for your loss. Your post touched a nerve. I lost my father almost two years ago and still miss him terribly.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I thought I was good with words, but you've left me mute.

An outstanding tribute to your Dad .. it speaks volumes. You are obviously the kind of son that would make any father as proud of you as you are of him. Thank you for sharing it with us.

While I didn't know your Dad and I don't know you, you have cleary shown that both of you are one of us.

My sympathies. God bless you both and your family. Be comforted in knowing .... you will meet again.

Sayonara.

It sounds like your dad touched many, many people in aviation and life. He served his country with courage and sounds like he gave more back to aviation than he took. In many ways his passing is a loss to all of us--and that is the mark of a good man.

In sympathy.

Deepest sympathies to you and your family.

And maybe a not so small condolence is to remember that you got to have an outstanding relationship with one of the most important persons in your life, and the opportunity to share a similar passion. A lot people grow up without a father, myself included, and you were blessed with the fortune of being raised and turned on to flying by someone who truley sounds like a wonderful man.

God bless.

Ultraman, I'm sorry for you loss. Your Father was a veteran, and I for one, will NEVER forget. There are no words that can lessen the hurt you're feeling, but remember brother, you are one of us, an Aviator. This world is a better place, and our cockpits are safer to work in because of people like your Dad who went before.

Though you will miss his company, your Dad is still with you, every time you push those thrust levers up. He always has been.

Take care man,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back