My Hero Passed Yesterday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ultraman-

You have made a great tribute to a person who was surely a great man. I feel for you. Thank you for sharing a little bit of your father with us.

May God bless you and your family.

I feel for you Ultraman. I nearly lost my Dad yesterday morning. Emergency surgery at 3AM, last rites, "Does he have a living will?"

He's still in the ICU in critical condition.

But the only instructions he gave us about his wishes wouldn't stand up in any court. A single piece of paper with no signatures. Mom would be in serious trouble if he did pass away as nothing would stop a lengthy probate. She'd lose the home and car trying to pay the bills on them as all sources of her funding would be locked in probate.

Geeze, fifty-five years old and on the brink of death. It's not supposed to happen this way.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Jedi,

Hang in there! I know what you're going through is tough. I will be praying for you and your family.

God Bless,

Ultraman

Guys, you'd be amazed at how many men pass away in their thirties and forties.

Make out a will. This week.

Survival!!!!

The good news is that Dad will survive this round, but will he allow himself to survive his disabilities?

Man, a triple-whammy....

101 things to do with a colonoscoy bag... any pointers?

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Jedi-

I think my dad was 83 when he spent three months with a 'bag'. I really had to hand it to him. He never complained, and was still his friendly, humorous self. I'll bet he was happy when it was reversed, though. It's a great reason to remind men over 40 to get a look-see every two years.

Glad to hear he's okay.

(technical note: it's colonostomy. Colonoscopy is the inspection procedure, using a sort of flexible borescope like a mechanic would use to look inside of an engine.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back