• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Dream Job is Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still a heck of a lot better than my current employer, the unemployment office. A crappy honest paycheck is better than feeling like a ward of the state.

If you want a fast little turboprop where they let you wear what you want, and fly how you want for $40k+, go for American Check MU2's.

that place sounds like a complete, unsafe $hitty operator.

sad

I worked there about 10 years ago, on the Metro. Yes, it is a $hitty operation but the did one (and only one) thing I liked. They tracked parts and the avg. fail time and replaced a commonly failing part before it actually failed. A great way to keep up reliability.
On the other hand the managements sucks and they will lie to your face. I was ready to punch out the "base manager" one night because of all of his lying. I heard the flying on the West Coast was great but where I flew it sucked @ss.

Also, they used to pay extra to fly with these time building foreign co-pilots that were paying to be there. Yup, PFT. If I would have know that when I started there, I would have never taken the job. I did not last long there.

Last edited:
Somehow I wonder if you've ever loaded much of your own cargo.

All the time. And yes, I took the shirt off while I was loading/unloading and put it back on when I was done (if I wasn't wearing a jacket). When they got dirty I double treated them with a spray and wash spray and spray and wash stick and if it was really bad, I'd throw in a 1/4 cup of Oxi Clean.

So take your indignation somewhere else and quit bitching when your company ask you to be a professional. Everyone wonders why pilots don't get any respect any more. Well, I would say it is because of people like you. Grow up.

I was a starchecker back in the San Diego C310 days! We always used to laugh at the amflight guys for their shirts and ties! We would go to that little airport diner at MYF and laugh at em while we ate our pancakes!

That doesn't mean that if I worked there I wouldn't wear it. He who signs the checks makes the uniform standard. Tell to wear a chicken suit and by god I'll fly in a chicken suit!

Professional Attire shouldn't matter as much as professional Attitude!

All the time. And yes, I took the shirt off while I was loading/unloading and put it back on when I was done (if I wasn't wearing a jacket).
You took your shirt off? How unprofessional!:rolleyes: Did your company manual have language in it allowing for you to remove your uniform shirt during the course of your duties? If so, tell us which company.

So take your indignation somewhere else and quit bitching when your company ask you to be a professional. Everyone wonders why pilots don't get any respect any more. Well, I would say it is because of people like you. Grow up.

Take your hypocritical self-righteousness elsewhere and quit bitching about other pilots. And no, I don't wonder why pilots don't get respect....it is partly due to whiny pilots such as yourself. It sounds like you need to worry more about growing up yourself.

Latest resources

Back