• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Dream Job is Posted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many people have been killed working there?

I think you should research that on you own via NTSB.gov. Could be educational. AMF will give you enough rope to hang yourself if your not careful. I saw a guy turn in his badge and walk out after a night of SH1t WX once. It's a type of flying that's not for everyone. During my time there I think they did the best job they could training pilots.

I think a more appropriate question (assuming I understand the intent of your original question) would be: How many people have been killed there as a result of negligence by the company?

Last time I checked the answer is : Zero.

I worked there nearly 7 years. Some of the guys who bought it I knew, even considered friends. But at the end of the day, I can't deny the fact that they made mistakes which resulted in their demise. In only one case could I see any way in which AMF could share some responsibility and even then it is pretty small (Metro in Spokane).

It has been said on here before, Single pilot 135 freight is dangerous business, the risks are high, and the margin for error is low. I believe AMF does a good job of washng out some of those who don't belong, preparing those who do for the job, and giving them the right tools to do the job. After that, it's up to the aviator to get the job done safely.

Been wanting to get that off my chest for a while there ...

Know what? After more thought, I gotta' take back what I said about Spokane. It was all on him, basic responsibility of the PIC to ensure his aircraft is adequate for the job.

TR was a buddy of mine. We hired and trained together. On that day a bunch of things conspired against him and he became the lynch pin of the whole operation. He made a couple of mistakes and paid the price. RIP...

I think you should research that on you own via NTSB.gov. Could be educational. AMF will give you enough rope to hang yourself if your not careful. I saw a guy turn in his badge and walk out after a night of SH1t WX once. It's a type of flying that's not for everyone. During my time there I think they did the best job they could training pilots.

Any time anyone is turned loose on the world with an airplane they have enough rope to hang themselves. Every time we take to the air, we are playing a very deadly game.
As to whether or not the Metro is maybe just a little extra rope, I don't know. I always thought the thing was screwy to fly, but it doesn't take a hero pilot to fly the thing single pilot. (That being said, I am pretty sure that I've scared ol' Toobdrvr a few times when he was showing me the ropes...)

Not as much as the guy who tried to takeoff with the parking brake on while you were on the j/s! Hey, are you stateside yet?

Latest resources

Back