• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My DAL Jumpseat Experience

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you frickin' serious? The fact that I board 3 mins prior to push is not my fault. Your DAL agents always wait til the last second to let off-line guys board in case a Delta guy shows up. So I went down when I was told. As far as having "the longest intro you ever heard", all I was doing is answering the CA's questions about where I was going.

As far as your comment about not being in the military. What the hell does that have to so with anything? I was only trying to be friendly. To be honest, what drives most people crazy is when guys have a very BRIEF introduction...You know like the ones who throw the slip at you and say "I'll be riding in the back"

There are always 3 sides to every story; your side, his side, and the truth. Based on this FO's post, I suspect that your version of the events in question are further from the truth than what the Captain in question portrayed to his JSC.
Use this experience as a chance to reflect on your jumpseat etiquette. Or whine about it to the JSC; whichever you prefer.

As for the military comments, I believe what the poster meant was that you need to get a thicker skin and grow a sack.

I can't believe you even posted this here. I think that your testosterone level's a couple of quarts low.

There are always 3 sides to every story; your side, his side, and the truth. Based on this FO's post, I suspect that your version of the events in question are further from the truth than what the Captain in question portrayed to his JSC.
Use this experience as a chance to reflect on your jumpseat etiquette. Or whine about it to the JSC; whichever you prefer.

As for the military comments, I believe what the poster meant was that you need to get a thicker skin and grow a sack.

I can't believe you even posted this here. I think that your testosterone level's a couple of quarts low.

What, exactly, could a jump-seater do that would warrant a captain to berate him?

Thankfully at an airline you don't have to drop bombs or fly in formation, or memorize a little red book full of quotes. Some pilots like to think their rank in the military still counts, even though other pilots chose to stay out of the military.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Regardless, no jumpseater should be yelled at, period. If this guy yelled at somebody he didn't know, he should be called out for it. That is ridiculous. The Captain could have said "sorry, we don't have time for this...." Yelling or berating statements should not happen.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well said, General.

Well after reading the posts, here's my 2 cents:

Personally, the best way to handle it would have been to quietly walk away and find another ride. For whatever reason, you ended up on the schit list, and if you had a brain, you would have left. After that, only 3 people should have heard about it; you, the JSC, and eventually the Captain,("richard" or not).

Instead, you bare your little hurt feelings on a public chat board, and probably doodling little claws and fangs on your "Hello Kitty" stationary at the same time. No doubt that half the world knows about it too. I'm sure that every FA and pilot you come in contact for the next 6 months will hear your little sob story, give you a little "awwww, that's terrible, the big meanie" act. Half of them will walk away thinking "what a p@##&". Too bad. While understanding of your loss, try buying a ticket next time.

Debo007.........after all...this was a free ride. Sometimes yah run into a bad apple and the best thing that you can do is bite your tounge and press on. Ive had a bad JS exerience or two and theres no point in getting all upset about it. I could almost see if you were a paying passenger, then you would have the right to complain if thats how you were allegedly treated. My personal opinion is that I dont like a rat....if you have a problem with someone (other than getting something for free) ratting em out just isnt the way to go.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back