• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My CRJ Headset review

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone have a review on the Sennheiser HME 25-KA? They are a passive headset thtat are in the mid $3oo range on MarvGolden.com. I have it narrowed down to the HME 25-KA model or the HME 43-K model. I fly the CRJ 200. Thanks.

Try the Plantronics MS-50. Get an earmold made, Y tubing, and extra acoustical tubing. Use the bulb from the set add the Y connector and extra tubing for the other ear. Works great.

Plantronics MS-50 = $50 new in the box from Ebay
Ear mold = $45 from any audiologist
Y connector, extra tubing = free with earmold
Total cost = less than $100 for an in the ear set, proven reliability, works well in all crj's.

I've tried my plantronics multiple times in the CRJ and I hate it. It make too much background noise from the voice tube and the quality and clarity isn't acceptable to me. I have to turn it up very loud to discern the transmission. Just too much high pitched high frequency wind noise and ECS fans noise in the CRJ200 for me.

I'd like to try the amplified version someday. In a quiet flightdeck though.

Try the Plantronics MS-50. Get an earmold made, Y tubing, and extra acoustical tubing. Use the bulb from the set add the Y connector and extra tubing for the other ear. Works great.

Plantronics MS-50 = $50 new in the box from Ebay
Ear mold = $45 from any audiologist
Y connector, extra tubing = free with earmold
Total cost = less than $100 for an in the ear set, proven reliability, works well in all crj's.

What company did your earmold and for how much?

Bose QC with U-fly.

Headset - OFF is part of the transition check anyway. WIth the QC I can also use them on the airlines and in the hotel.

Lightspeed Zulu

Used the QC2's and u fly mike, but after trying the Zulu, not going back. The ZULU blocks out a lot more that the QC2. After about one min you get used to them on your head, and they do not bother you. Also if you listen to ipod, the sound is much better than the QC2.

I've had a set of Sennheiser HMEC-25KA's for about 9 years. Used them on the ERJ, and CRJ-700. They work fine in each airplane.

My only real complaint is if you forget to turn them off between flights, they eat batteries. I now use some L-ION rechargable AA's. One set lasts for a four day trip.

You can get them from the ALPA shopping mall, for under $700.00, and on a credit card, you can make 12 monthly payments.

Latest resources

Back