• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

My Concern if ALPA comes to SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is why the alpa vote will fail at skywest. Aren’t there already 100 ex-asa guys at skywest now?

If skywest votes in alpa the risk that they will merge the lists becomes more real. That would hurt skywest pilots the most, since asa pilots are very senior. Skywest would go from a 2-year or 1 year upgrade to 3 or 4 or longer.

Its very selfish for ASA pilots to say "vote for alpa and your qol will go up" they really just want to merge the lists at the expense of the skywest pilots group and are afraid if they don't merge the lists soon then ASA will up with only a few people.

If any of you skywest pilots are reading this. Do EVERYTHING you can to keep alpa out of skywest. If you vote in ALPA all the problems from ASA will spill over. Remember the most junior captain at ASA was hired in 2001 think about your upgrade. Even if you vote alpa in don’t let them merge the lists. It will make the AA, TWA merger look like a picnic.

But, what I think is Skywest and ASA will never merge to 1 list. The skywest pilots don't want it especially the 700 new ones that are/will be hired (who are probably all anti-alpa) and JA and the rest of skywest managment. The only people who want that are those lifers at ASA. Its just not going to happen, even if skywest becomes alpa.

Why can't you just go away? your attacks on the ASA pilot group are baseless and show what a true lack of character you really have!

And he (SuperPoop) needs to take a grammar course and learn to write. Either it's that or I've had too many already. And he trashes ALPA yet, supposedly, he hires onto another (after ASA) ALPA carrier, CAL. I think he just a management weeny myself.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Has anyone else noticed that most of the people "pro-ALPA for SkyWest" people on this forum are NOT employed by SkyWest???

Just an observation...

Has anyone else noticed that most of the people "pro-ALPA for SkyWest" people on this forum are NOT employed by SkyWest???

Just an observation...

MG-

Ever had a guy in your unit that always seemed to be carried by the rest?

Yep. All the time. I see what you're getting at - different ballgame though...

Nope.. unionized pilots have been carrying SW pilots for years. Time to grab a rope and do some pulling. The SW pilots live in a bubble. Coddled by a gushing and blushing management that loves the non union status.

What is/were the contributions of the SW pilots in.....

• Pension reform
  • Age60
  • LAHSO
  • PIC Authority
  • Foreign Control
  • FFDO. (if there are any SW FFDO's they can thank ALPA)
  • Jumpseating and CASS (another issue solved by ALPA). Also, does SW attend the National Jumpseat Conference?
  • International Federation Air Line Pilots Association
  • NAS modernization
All of these points effect the SW pilots yet, they have no voice at the table.

Not really...All for one, one for all?
#1- Mission accomplishment
#2- Troop welfare

As I said, different ballgame...

Rez - First of all, thanks for keeping the union/non-union debates civilized. I think it helps you're cause a lot more than these other hot-heads throwing around the "scab" term and constantly bringing up the 50-seat pay issue. You bring up a lot of good points in your post and I absolutely see where you are coming from in those regards. However, if ALPA really wanted to benefit from all those accomplshments, why didn't they push for those benefits to be for ALPA carriers only? I'll bet they would have a lot more support in their drives if that were the case.

I don't think it was only ALPA that pushed for the items. CAPA (Coalition of Airline Pilots) worked together to achieve what is beneficial to the industry.

I didn't read all the posts, but...

ALPA will just muddy everything. Keep them out.

ALPA's greatest fraud is in convincing everyone that they are job insurance. Their second greatest fraud is convincing the regional pilots that ALPA represents them.

Skywest would do better to form their own union if they want better representation.

Latest resources

Back