My 1200 pic SWA question!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tycer

In 2004 I went and got the type. At the time SWA required 1000 pic turbine and I had approx. 1200 pic. I went on mil leave for AF pilot training and kept updating my app. only to find that the new mins were 1300 pic. Two questions: Am I breaking the rules by anwsering all of those Yes bubbles (Do you have 1300 pic) just to log on and keeping things current? Am I grandfathered in somehow by applying with the mins at the time? I will be a traditional guard guy in about 4 months and I really do not want to go back to the regional job, and would bum rather than fly the line waiting for the call? Last thing I want to do is go thru 8 weeks of more training just to get the additional 100hours. I heard a rumor it might go back down to 1000pic again. What do you all think?

Well if it is asking you if you have 1300 hours PIC, I dont see how you can possibly "manipulate" it to mean something else; 1300 does not equal 1200............sorry!

In 2004 I went and got the type. At the time SWA required 1000 pic turbine and I had approx. 1200 pic. I went on mil leave for AF pilot training and kept updating my app. only to find that the new mins were 1300 pic. Two questions: Am I breaking the rules by anwsering all of those Yes bubbles (Do you have 1300 pic) just to log on and keeping things current? Am I grandfathered in somehow by applying with the mins at the time? I will be a traditional guard guy in about 4 months and I really do not want to go back to the regional job, and would bum rather than fly the line waiting for the call? Last thing I want to do is go thru 8 weeks of more training just to get the additional 100hours. I heard a rumor it might go back down to 1000pic again. What do you all think?

Suck it up. I did the same thing. Now I am here. Go get the extra time and there will be no question. Do you want to show up at your interview and then they ask....hey, why did you lie and say you had the time?.....uuuuuu, well, I thought I would be grandfathered in...duuuuhhhh. Come on. Why risk something so big for something so little STS. Get the time, apply, get the job....easy as that. You have probably no mil time anyway, so your civilian time will matter more anyway...that was my story.

I think it's a great idea for you to fib in your logbook, er, application.

What could possibly go wrong?

When you go to the interview they ask you to put a post it note or somehow flag your 1300PIC and all the other minimum hours they want to see. Kinda hard to flag the 1300 if it's not in the log book.

not to scare you but they will often check for your 1300 PIC turbine and see if 1) it is there and 2) it was dated at the same time you claimed to have it. lying doesn't pay. that said it seems the mins are going down soon, but i wouldn't bogus up anything on the app if you want a prayer of getting hired.

Ok, CB I'll bite. What are the mins going to? I am a former FA currently flying 91 Corp with 800 TPIC.

To further the question... Since I am sitting on 1200 and will not update anymore until I am back flying the line, will my app. be tossed out due to inactivity?

Am I grandfathered in somehow by applying with the mins at the time?

I'd love to see the Age 65 guys answer this one. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back