Mutiny on Flight 613

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWACoff said:
Hmmmm.....fly 100 people minus 2 suspicious people or fly 2 people.... Survey SAYS-- Fly the majority so you can actually turn a profit. Why were they wearing heavy clothing? If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
No, fly the two people save gas, and don't refund the other passengers money and make many times the profit on same day air.

wmuflyguy said:
Shoulda just left with the 2 Arabic men on the plane and left the rest of the morons at the gate.

Speaking arabic does not make you a terrorist.

I'm for racial profiling by the proper authorities, you can't let the public get away with dictating this kind of thing.

You're a CFI/CL-65 FO with over 780 posts on an internet message board who has a picture of a sock puppet for an avatar.

What category would the "proper authorities" put you in if they were profiling?

My money is on "no-life homo who would roll over and sing a different tune in an instant if his family was on board said flight to MAN"

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

ultrarunner said:
Profile till it hurts

I flew out of DEN the other day ( post recent threat). The security lines were terrible. Here is my idea at the "bigger" airports.

Have seperate security lines...

1 line for airport employees.
1 line for wheel chair pax.
1 line for first class pax.
1 line for ALL Foreign looking people and those with foreign passports...(american indians, samoan, mexicans, terrorists).

All others go in the general mix.

This will reduce the lines. The Foreigners wont have to wait in as long as a line, but the TSA can spend more time with them. The regular line will go faster, since they wont have to strip search a little 5 year old kid.

The TSA can spend more time on the real possibilities. I know it might be considered "profiling", but its time to get real about this problem.

Good for them, if the public in this country would grow some balls, then TSA and the airlines, politicians in this county would fall in line.

No, speaking a foreign language does not make you a terrorist, but NONE OF THESE MINORITY "ARABIC" folks have ever spoken out against the terrorism in the world. As a matter of fact, if you speak to a Muslim, it is all you can do to get them to remotely admit they "Like" the United States, or Christians for that matter.

If 90% of the paying customers did not want Muslims, etc on there flight, then maybe the Muslim community in the world would stand up, and speak out about what is going on. But the sad truth is they secretly condone it.

Sorry, I have to applaud them, I hope this starts to be the norm. Then maybe honest folks would not have to wait 3 hours, experience and anal probe, just to get on an airplane.

Mark

Last edited:
skiandsurf said:
I flew out of DEN the other day ( post recent threat). The security lines were terrible. Here is my idea at the "bigger" airports.

Have seperate security lines...

1 line for airport employees.
1 line for wheel chair pax.
1 line for first class pax.
1 line for ALL Foreign looking people and those with foreign passports...(american indians, samoan, mexicans, terrorists).

All others go in the general mix.

This will reduce the lines. The Foreigners wont have to wait in as long as a line, but the TSA can spend more time with them. The regular line will go faster, since they wont have to strip search a little 5 year old kid.

The TSA can spend more time on the real possibilities. I know it might be considered "profiling", but its time to get real about this problem.

EXACTLY;

Sorry, someone is just going to have to get over their hurt feelings of being "PROFILED".

I agree with you Capt. The majority rules!
capt_zman said:
Why not. I applaud them for having the balls to stand up and say something. This is one flight out of hundreds of thousands where the passengers took notice of something strange, something so strange that it prompted them to act. One flight - hardly profiling. It actually makes me feel more comfortable that people are more aware. Considering the threat is real, I'd rather have hundreds of people watching every move than 1 person confiscating my deodorant and toothpaste at security.

The very idea of putting everyone off the airplane except the two camel jockeys is absurd!!
capt_zman said:
Why not. I applaud them for having the balls to stand up and say something. This is one flight out of hundreds of thousands where the passengers took notice of something strange, something so strange that it prompted them to act. One flight - hardly profiling. It actually makes me feel more comfortable that people are more aware. Considering the threat is real, I'd rather have hundreds of people watching every move than 1 person confiscating my deodorant and toothpaste at security.

wmuflyguy said:
Shoulda just left with the 2 Arabic men on the plane and left the rest of the morons at the gate.

Speaking arabic does not make you a terrorist.

I'm for racial profiling by the proper authorities, you can't let the public get away with dictating this kind of thing.

SEE THIS IS THE PROBLEM, the government or the "officials" are spineless cowards cowtowing to the needs of the ACLU and the minority sector. WE THE PEOPLE THE MAJORITY, need to stand up and take charge. Tell our elected officials WHAT WE WANT, not just accept what they decide for us.

I agree with JDriver, flying is not a right. In fact, jet airliners, just like bars, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. are private property. They are not government entities, and you can and should be refused service if you do not meet decent standards of behavior and dress.

With every privledge, there comes a corresponding responsibility. If you want a ride, show up, and look, and act like a human being, not a terrorist, and you'll be treated like a human being. If you want to ride a jet looking like a terrorist, start your own fricking airline.

Like Dennis Miller, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champ42272

I don't know what your book states, but my Ops Manual says "The Captain is in charge of Inflight Security" from the point he steps on the aircraft until he de-planes. I take this responsibility very seriously and can assure my passengers if I say they are safe, they can bet my life on it. Profiles???? Whatever???? Every Pilot Here who occupies a pilot seat is the first line of defense. We are all charged with this responsibility for our customers, and our country! Let's live up to it by checking out our pax, listening to them, and everyone else concerned.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back