• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Murder at PHF hotel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does your company really put you up in a DAYS INN??

F*** THAT.

Not on my own dollar, nevermind the companys.

It comes as no surprise to me that this happened at this particular hotel. It is dark, dingy and smells like mildew when you walk in the doors. I don't feel safe there, and I'm a guy that can take care of himself. It is par for course for the company to try and save a buck and keep us there. I've already told my spouse if anything questionable ever were to happen to me on an overnight, to hire the best attorney that money can find and see what the true cost savings for the compnay is. Our flights there are almost always full so they can't say they can't afford it!

Things that make you go hmmm.....

With DB involved I'm not surprised

701EV

REFUSE THE **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** TRIP!!! I can not believe that they will change the hotel after a murder in the parking lot. When we had the ISP overnight one of our pilots was witness to a murder in the parking lot.....we changed hotels ASAP!

Did anybody e-mail the story to SB, since Drew does not seem to care about our safety. This goes way beyond playing "hard ball" for the sake of contract negotiations.

We changed a layover hotel in EVV due to a similar event. I know the F/O who was part of the crew involved.

I grew up in the PHF area and it was not the best back in the late 60s, early 70s. I've been back enough to see the changes and they aren't all good. PHF airport used to be worse than it is now. There's also a lot of military in the area, thus a lot of transient activity. Fort Eustis and Langley AFB are the nearest installations.

Is the hotel along U.S. 17? That was, and may still be, a high crime area.

Good luck and fly safe!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back