Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Palerider957

Can you believe this sh1t???

A couple of nights ago, two of our FA's were walking to a place to eat (the hotel van is almost NEVER available), when someone came up to them and tried to pay them for sex. Needless to say the FA's were pretty shaken up and left the area quickly.

The night before last there was a pretty big commotion. When the Captain came down stairs, he saw a body being zipped into a body bag. It turns out a jealous boyfriend hunted down his girlfriend (and another man) at our hotel. When he found them he opened fire, KILLING the other guy, and seriously wounding the women.

Our Captain called the company and our hotel chairman immediately. The chariman was convinced this would be the final straw to pull us out of this GHETTO hotel. But after MANY attempts to contact someone in management, the word came down from DB that "NO", we are not changing hotels.

I guess DB won't be happy until someone from the company is injured. WTF!!!!

I know, this is just unbelievable. I know that one of the CPs and corporate safety were going to look into this matter on site and we were pretty much guaranteed that we'd be outa there by last night. I can not believe what we have to endure just because of a few dollars and contract negs. This has got to change by whatever means necessary!

Not that this detracts from your argument at all, but the shooting took place in the parking lot, the man was the only victim, and he died Tuesday. It's likely that the story was embellished as it made its way through the lounge. However, a murder's a murder (not to mention the sexual solicitation) and we ought to get outa there pronto.

Man wounded in Monday shooting dies

Published June 16, 2004

A man who was critically wounded Monday during a shooting at a hotel parking lot has died.
Kenneth Lee Wiggins, 24, of Homestead Avenue in Hampton, was shot in the head at a Days Inn during what police say was an argument over a woman. Police think Wiggins, who died Tuesday morning, met his assailant at the hotel on Fishing Point Drive about 4:15 a.m.

A police spokesman said he expects the original charge of aggravated malicious wounding against 25-year-old Kenny R. Knightnor to be upgraded to murder. Knightnor, who also faces charges of using a firearm in a felony and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, hadn't been caught Tuesday. Wiggins is the city's 11th homicide victim this year.

Yeah, the same parking lot corner which the crews have to walk by to go for a meal. True, this could have happened anywhere, but at least most other hotels are near civilization and more activity. Pretty sad.

I can't believe that FA's turned down sex for money?

But anywhoo...if there wasn't a police report filed or an arrest made of the person trying to buy sex, I doubt their word is going to mean much about that incident in regards to your pilot group getting a different hotel.

this realyl pisses me off. ive stayed in a few shady hotels before...but nothing like this has ever happened. and for it to happen makes an immediate hotel change necessary.

"A police spokesman said he expects the original charge of aggravated malicious wounding against 25-year-old Kenny R. Knightnor to be upgraded to murder."

hey he got an upgrade!!

anyway, the value of your life is not in the company's financial books. they have no business investing your life to save money. they can invest in your life to MAKE money however (training). wouldn't they be interested in protecting their investment (you)?theres various legal aspects on the grounds of personal safety...if you were interested in REALLY getting out of there....the union could help perhaps?

The Day's Inn in PHF? I have been there on almost every overnight for the past two months. I have written it up for safety and sanitation, nothing is ever done. This has to be the last straw. I have three more trips there this month, I might just refuse to stay there.

Refuse to fly the last leg of the trip due to crew safety. Cite the crime, propositions and crew complaints. Two or three nights of cancelled trips will get the hotel changed very quickly.

I'm with Air Wiskey, and we stayed at a hotel in SDF that wasn't in a real great neighborhood. It took a double murder in the parking lot to get it changed. Hopefully for you, the same will happen.

How about a grass-roots "telephone action" directed at several of upper-management's households around midnight?Along with threats about goingto the media?

Latest resources

Back