• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multiple Carrier Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just have one quick question. When a regional airline flies for more than one major carrier (for example, Chautauqua) does the pilot choose which airline to fly for, or does the regional place the pilot where they want him? Thanks for the help & information.

The pilot flys for the Company that employs him. In your example, that would be Chautauqua.

The airline, again Chautauqua, assigns the pilot to particular flights based on his "bid" for a "line of time (flying) which is awarded on the basis of seniority at his airline.

Cautauqua (not the pilot) contracts with several different companies, but the pilot is employed by one company only; in this case Chautauqua.

Good question.

Here's another, does the company pay for your uniforms if you change carriers or is it the responsibility of the pilot since he chose to change lines thus carriers.

Just curious

At ACA, we only have 1 uniform regardless if we are flying the Delta or United side. It is all 1 seniority list and you can bid back and forth (however, in our case, you have to switch types of airplanes). The one notable difference is that those flying on the United side get United and Delta benefits while those flying on the Delta side get only Delta benefits.

How does that work with Chautauqua? I know that no matter who you fly for you get that carriers benefits plus Delta. But, if you only fly for Delta you only get Delta's benefits.

In the end does it really matter? Are any of the carriers benefits better than the others? I heard that American's benefits suck. Any inside info?

Latest resources

Back