• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Multi at ATP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They offer the CFI but I don't like how the program is run. It takes anywhere from a semester to semester and a half and the price is outrageous.

I figure it will get me the rating but I definitely plan on renting with my friend and doing more multi ops on my own to get more proficient.

Update on the Bowling Green location. Nice little airport with very simple approaches. ATP has both the new and old model seminoles. They had one of each while I was there and had other seminoles passing through all the time with pilots from their cross-country program. I flew the '01 model which they had apparently gotten second hand because it wasn't even painted in the company colors. It also had autopilot and electric trim both of which were disconnected. I didn't care about the autopilot so much as the disconnected electric trim. It's instinct for me to try to trim if there is a trim switch under my thumb. It took me a bit to stop myself from trying to use it.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about anything. Nice facility, great people and the examiner is one of the nicest guys I've ever met in my life. The only unfortunate thing for me is that I have to go back next week. We got the oral done which went just fine; but, the weather was horrible...down below approach mins at some points.

As far as accommodations - I origionally stayed at the cheapest place I could find...the Days Inn at $59/night. Walking through the halls I felt like I was walking through a college dormatory. Within 10 mins of being in the room my eyes were teared up and itching like crazy, I couldn't breath through my nose.........and I got bit by something. So needless to say I got out of there right away and went to the Sleep Inn across the parking lot. Much nicer and brand new at $89/night. I'm glad I made the switch. I made really good friends with the desk girl quick (which makes me glad I have to go back haha) and she gave me a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite. So for 89 a night I got a huge room, huge bed, free hot breakfast and my own personal tour guide that I pretty much spent all my non-flying time with. :D

Watch out for cops down there though. I really don't think they have much to do. On the one mile drive to the airport I would see, on average, two cars pulled over. I myself got pulled over late one night while I was there. I pulled into a left turn lane thinking it was a new lane being formed and when I realized it wasn't I pulled back into the my origional lane. I looked in my mirror to see the blue lights. The cop told me he pulled me over because he caught me "swerving in and out of my lane." He asked me how much I had to drink that night while shining his flashlight in my eyes. I told him "not a thing" (which was the truth) he gave my license one last look and with a dissapointed sigh told me to drive safe. The whole process lasted under a minute and he didn't even run my name or license number. He seriously seemed dissapointed he didn't get to do anything.

Anyway, like I said great place, great people. Gets my thumbs up.

Last edited:
Just what I wanted to hear. When the sent you the seminole packet to study was it for the new or old model?

Just what I wanted to hear. When the sent you the seminole packet to study was it for the new or old model?

It's a general packet that covers both models. The biggest difference is the prop system. The later models have a feathering accumulator which will store oil pressure once the prop is in feather. To unfeather it you just move the prop lever full forward and pitch for 120. The older models you'll need to crank the starter to get oil flowing in order to bring the prop out of feather.

There really isn't much difference between the two.

How was the quality of instruction? Quality of said desk girl at hotel? LOL

Hey guna bump cause Im guna start this program tomorrow.

Hey ya'll passed the test and the ATP location in Bowling Green is awesome. Sheloy the instructor definetly one of the best instructors I have ever had. The check airman Dave also is an awesome guy although he talked until the sun went down, and we had to do the flight at night but it was well worth it. Any questions just pm me.

Latest resources

Back