Mudkow, is that you?

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Mudkow,

Is that you picking people off of rooftops in Mississippi?

Last edited:

mudkow60

Total Time
'bit
Yes...

and was threatened to have my HAC letter pulled my my command. Things are very bad here...

I can't watch the news with out crying.

Geronimo4497

Total Time
mudkow60 said:
and was threatened to have my HAC letter pulled my my command. Things are very bad here...
Sorry, not a military guy, what does HAC mean?

Mudkow, again, you're doing great work down there. I appreciate your sacrifice. STAY SAFE

mudkow60

Total Time
'bit
HAC (Helicopter Aircraft Commander) is basically me sighning for the helicopter and the crew... I guess like Captain type things.

Sorry for the bad spelling and grammer... I am still shook up and full of sorry for the folks along the coast.

wrxpilot

The proud, the few
Total Time
-
Mudcow60,

Thank you so much for being out there and doing this. Thank God there are people like you out there to help in this chaos.

snowman

Total Time
MUD,
keep up the good work. Keep the ol' chin up! We appreciate all that you do. Plus your helo is cool. Say thanks to your crews for me. I will try to help in some way... Need any 172 drivers? LOL
adios
snowman

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
Why would you have your HAC papers pulled for rescuing people? Isn't that what the Coast Guard does?

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
mudkow60 said:
Yes...

I can't watch the news with out crying.
Thanks man, you are doing a great thing!!
You guys are awesome!!

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
yes good work. but my question is, these people had at least a 3 day notice that the worst hurricane was comming, why didnt they leave?

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Total Time
Kream926 said:
yes good work. but my question is, these people had at least a 3 day notice that the worst hurricane was comming, why didnt they leave?
Remember, it was just a three, it exploded to a 5 OVERNIGHT...that's pretty much unheardof. They had a day after that happened.

Fly_Chick

Total Time
~1300
Unfortunately there is no real answer to that question. Some had no money (gas, hotel), some had no cars, some had their cars break down on their way out of town and no way to get them fixed, some wanted to stay with others who could not get out, some waited for friends/family to get home so they could leave together.

Watching the news some people were begging others for $20 to buy gas so they could leave. Yes, sad as it is, there are people that indigent.

Was it three days notice? I did not watch the news that closely beforehand, I think Katrina built into the power that she was about 1-2 days beforehand in the gulf.

I was in a hurricane (Floyd - 1999) and there were no evacuation orders in the suburbs of PHL. Only thing predicted was high winds. I woke up in the morning with no warnings on the news, only heavy rain. Business as usual as far as the news was concerned. Within three short hours I was driving down the street as the water was rising with only a few bags stuffed with clothes, some papers, some photo albums, some food, and two cats screaming in the back seat as the torrential rain caused the water from the tiny creek across the street to envelop the area.

Sometimes nature's fury can just happen so fast and be so powerful.

Mudkow, thank you for your help, you and everyone affected will be in my prayers.

Dizel8

Douglas metal
Total Time
Huh?
mudkow60,

I am curious and saddened, but why on earth would they pull you HAC?

You are doing the right thing!

bluesky421

Are we there yet?
Total Time
some
Mudkow,

To you and everyone else helping out down there, i think it is great what you all are doing, and keep up the good work.

AA717driver

A simpler time...
Total Time
+/-13k
Mudkow--Great job! Just another guy out doing his job--with extreme bravery and perseverance. My family and I would like to thank you for doing what you do.

Take care.TC

dseagrav

Student Dork
Total Time
threve
Congratulations, you're on CNN's front page!

Edit: No mention by name, but I know who they're talking about. You rock.

Last edited:

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
dseagrav said:
Congratulations, you're on CNN's front page!

Edit: No mention by name, but I know who they're talking about. You rock.

Got a link?

helimech

Total Time
Nope
Hey MudKow, Excellent work. You guys keep your heads up and thanks for showing us that there are still good people out there.