• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MSNBC: A CAL captain just died in flight. Plane making an emergency landing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CNN says there were 2 FO onbaord, I have heard the CO will DHD one FO to save money, if he is only needed on one of the 2 legs, I guys where it was the west bound leg the IRO was working?

I've heard the news change their story over and over in the past hour. First they said there were 2 F.O.'s flying and landing and then they said that there was a relief Captain onboard who was flying. And then they split the difference by saying that 2 F.O.s flew it back but a Captain and F.O. did the landing.

CNN kept showing video of a 757 at the gate when 61 was a 777-200. Someone really needs to give these media guys a clue since airlines are in the news every now and then!

CNN kept showing video of a 757 at the gate when 61 was a 777-200. Someone really needs to give these media guys a clue since airlines are in the news every now and then!

That's too much to ask. I like it when they show stock footage of a taxiing 727 from 10 years ago.

Since the customers never die in flight, how could the captain? And since he couldn't have died in flight shouldn't they have gotten the guy to a hospital instead of Newark?

There are enough people on this web board to crash all the National news web sites, with correction emails for all the errors on this reporting!
God speed to the CA. I hope when I'm 60, I will be sitting on the beach drinking a Mai tai!

I once knew a guy who always said he wanted to die in his sleep..with his passengers screaming in the back.

CNN says there were 2 FO onbaord, I have heard the CO will DHD one FO to save money, if he is only needed on one of the 2 legs, I guys where it was the west bound leg the IRO was working?

Not sure what your last sentence is saying, but I'll guess.

Yes, we DH the IRO over on East bounds under 8.0 flights, then he/she operates the flight back. If there is a delay, or abnormal ops on the way over that person can be activated as a flying crew member.

Latest resources

Back