mountain air cargo south american ops

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PBPilot

Can you get hired into a base? Or do they assign them the first day of ground school? How hard would it be to get based in Brazil if you have ATR-72 time? Is MAC a CASS affiliate? Any info would be greatly appreciated, especially concerning the south american operations. Obrigado.

Getting to SA won't be too hard... as long as you're a Captain. They've got a few pilots from Uruguay sitting in the right seat, and they really like that deal (they get paid much less), although there are a few Americans filling in the slot.
You get assigned a base whenever they feel like putting you in a base, and whatever base they happen to need pilots for. You'll most likely start out as a floater, and just rotate around. Pray you don't get based at LCK.
As far as Brazil goes, you wouldn't be based there- you'd be based out of Buenos Aires. You fly into VCP in the morning and then fly out at night- the only real downtime you get there is on the weekends. Otherwise, you'll be in BsAs most of the time. Not nearly as good a deal as when it started, but still a pretty good deal none the less.
No, they're not CASS, but domestic jumpseating is available on NWA and USAir.

Actually the Uruguayians make the same as a domestic fo. No SASUP and they get per diem in VCP.

By the way if you want to see more of Brazil try Polar. They have a scheduled run ito VCP and you'll spend more time there than you will with MAC.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on SA as an FO. There are a couple of FO's here that really like going down there to fill in for the Uruguayans. I doubt they would be willing to give it up anytime soon. I think one of them would move down there if he could, but there is no need with the Uruguayans in place.

But I hear the wicked witch of the East is finally out, so life at "the mountain" quite possibly will take a meteoric rise for the better in all areas...

I saw an ad for chief pilot... what happened to CK. Also judging from the above post I gather MS is out as well. What's going on at MAC?

Latest resources

Back