• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Motocross

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya know the funny thing about crashing and trying harder, I always seemed to go through that moving into a new class. I was a 250 Int also. Also rode the A class in enduros and Expert Hare Scrambles/Xcountry. Working at the shop was the job I would always like to go back to. Not that I don't like my flying job, I do. The shop was laid back, no stress and they understood if you got hurt on Sunday.
The Houston SX is on Feb 14th. My youngest son hasn't been to one yet. I think he'll like it, if he is only 2 yrs! ESPN 2 usually runs the SX's on Sat @ 1100 CT with the 125 first then the 250's. I have seen the new format of MotoWorld. I think it sux! There is a cool show called Top Dead Center after that is ok.

I can't tell you how many of my co-workers ride. It is the number one topic of conversation around the base. I would have to agree that it is the best work out and release there is for a pilot!

I started out on an old CZ 250(its a Czech bike similar to a Macco). It was built in the days of no jumps and all turns type racing. It was a rough riding SOB, but it was a blast to ride. Now I putt around on a CR500. I love to ride the trails and in the mountains. Its hard to find the time anymore though.

I raced local MX for a number of years, mostly 125's. Most recently I worked as a mechanic for Factory Yamaha, and DeMarini Motorsports. I got the chance to go to the West Coast SX and a number of U.S. and most of the Canadian Nationals. One of these days I buy one of the new thumpers and go play around on it.

I would love to cross!!

That aaid, I had a co-pilot on the lear who was a full pro crosser on the 125 and 250. He ended up missing a jump and broke both his ankles, He came very close to loosing both his feet, so he quit, and became a pilot.

Proof that you'll never get the high octane fuel out of your blood, right now he's starting to race again on weekends......

Raced the AMA Flat Track Series in the 70's. Trail ride now, 1995
KLX-650 with a Baja kit(no elec. start, sometimes a real bear). Down here in Central America there are few fences and thousands of miles of un-mapped logging trails. Not many guys to ride with though.

Bob Hannah still rides.

Hell yea!

I got a 2002 YZ 250. Brup Bruuuuuuuuuuuuup! Out on it 3 -4 times a week.

Quick question, I'm about to start a regional airline ground school next week and was thinking about putting the bike away to avoid injury while on probation.

If you break a bone and can't fly, will the airline can you while you're on probation?

Anyone know of some seceret stashes in Southern California hook me up, I'll share mine!
!!

Last edited:
I'm currently riding a 2001 XR 650 with a baja kit. It took me 6 months to learn to start it after I got it.(The four strokes are quite a bit more tempermental then 2 strokes) After I figuured that out and put a "go fast kit" on it, It has become the best dirt bike that I have ever owned.
Woody

I still LOVE to ride. My 1st bike was a Zuki JR 50 2 stroke automatic. I got my 1st bike in 2nd graded and have never been without a bike since. I currently have a 2003 CR 250. My son is 1.5 yrs old and I plan to put him on a bike ASAP. I want him to be the next RC or McGrath. My brother rode Arena Cross for a while which is like the minors for Motor X. Great sport with good family atomosphere and usually many good look girls running around if your single.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back