• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Motocross

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a 2002 WR250. I love the bike, but I wish it had a little more low end power to get the front end up when I need it. I sit reserve and have plenty of time to ride. This winter has been very wet in Kentucky and the mud gets old after awhile. I enjoy trails mostly, but have never been on a track before. I'll have to try it out soon.

Do quads count? I'm running a Yam. Raptor around the trails in OH. Thought about a YFZ450 for racing but those guys that run harescrambles and such are nuts. I'd like to see the day I make it to a regional before I go kill myself.

flybub said:
Do quads count? I'm running a Yam. Raptor around the trails in OH. Thought about a YFZ450 for racing but those guys that run harescrambles and such are nuts. I'd like to see the day I make it to a regional before I go kill myself.

Hey flybulb, enter yourself in the beginner or like class that your local or state club has for a few hare scramble races and soon you'll find yourself hooked. I didn't start racing untill I was in my late thirties and was very intimidated by the rugged looking competitors I was up against but soon found myself mixing it right up with them.

I ran the beginner class untill I felt comfortable enough to run the next class up for my age group and then wished I would have advanced sooner. We even bought a 30ft travel trailer with a ramp and cargo area in the back for the bikes and racing, it's a total blast.

Low-n-Slow,

I thought about it, but I'm working on my CFI right now and I want to try and get it finished before I go drop money on all my gear and suping up my machine. Thanks for the info though, I may try it this summer.

Looking at the '04 KTM 250SX. Worked at a shop in LBB for 5 years, in college then between flying jobs. Miss it alot. Good fun, good people. Spent most of my time motocrossin' some enduros and hare scrambles. Lake Whitney is the best, sitting around Ponca City for a week sux. Spent more time in trouble than ridding!

CR-125 here but should probably sell it before I get hurt and can't pay any of the bills. A typical outting turns into a drunk fest and that spells trouble if you know what I mean. They lots of fun.

Ran local Enduros on older Honda CRs in the early 80s, and raced Vet C and Open D classes at local AMA tracks on a Yam WR500 in the mid 90s. Big, heavy air hammer ... but that b!tch would scoot. Very stable, but too heavy and not nimble enough for these new outdoor tracks that everyone wants to doze up like it's AMA indoor Supercross. Tossers ... :mad: I raced one round on a new CR250 with works suspension and motor and the difference was like night and day.

Lots of fun ... but moto-x will kick an old guy's a$$ pretty hard if he's not in really good physical condition ... and I wasn't. :D

Minhommad

Back in the day I raced 125 and 250 intermediate. I had lots of fun raced with guys like Denny Stevenson and Jeff Emig on 80’s. Before I started taking flying lessons I took a header off a 90-foot triple. At the time the race promoter decided to put the experts in with the intermediates I was passed a guy for 2nd overall hit the triple top out in forth gear on my 250 and lost my chain. I did a superman, my bike endoed so bad it did a complete flip and landed on me with the sub frame in my back. I knocked out my front teeth broke my helmet and really screwed up my back. After 3-4 weeks recovery time I raced one more time and won in the 125-intermediate/expert class. Two weeks later I sold both bikes and started to fly. All in all I broke both thumbs one ankle some ribs a face and lots of concussions in 13 years of racing and riding. My saying was if you weren’t winning than you should be crashing trying and if your not crashing than your not trying.

Now I race mountain bikes and still break things like ribs and helmets.

if your not crashing than your not trying.
That was pretty much my philosophy. :D

Minh "Banzai" Thong

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back