"Motley Fool" says, Airlines will fail!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On Your Six said:
11:53 a.m.: Hotfooted it to our new gate and barely made the flight to La Guardia.

12:30 p.m.: Landed in New York, hotfooted it to our next gate, and barely made our flight to Portland. (I was, however, pleasantly surprised that the plane wasn't filled with crates of chickens.)

1:30 p.m.: Landed in Portland, Maine.​

That's the kindest words I've heard about Colgan in this forum!

KingAirer said:
Apples and Oranges. I dont know about you but if I were a gate agent, Id rather have 150 going out one jetway to one plane, rather then 150 people going to 5 planes down below the main terminal, plus having to be bussed out to various planes.

Welcome to gate 35...Only a portion of it is shown in this picture.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/126919/L/
Been there done that my friend. The express operation for US Airways is a three ring circus. I live it every time I commute. The customer service is horrible, on time departures seem to be a rareity, and if there is a mechanical they cancel at the drop of a hat. The outstations are fine but PIT,LGA,and PHL are a nightmare. The Delta commuter operation out of JFK is abysmal however the LGA operation is pretty good overall. Don't take it personal, my comments have nothing to do with the flightcrews. The problem isn't even the gate agents or ramp folks, it comes down to upper management.

KingAirer said:
Apples and Oranges. I dont know about you but if I were a gate agent, Id rather have 150 going out one jetway to one plane, rather then 150 people going to 5 planes down below the main terminal, plus having to be bussed out to various planes.

Welcome to gate 35...Only a portion of it is shown in this picture.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/126919/L/
Also, those flights do not depart at the same exact time. No doubt it is a steady fast paced flow but they are spaced out to some degree.

A real steady flow for sure. You and I agree though its not the pilots nor the gate agents.
You put any company in there with that size of an operation with the gate USAir operates, and you will see similar results.

Hey...

I posted this about two weeks ago!
Check out the responses under "DesertFalcon".

:p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back