"Motley Fool" says, Airlines will fail!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MJG said:
Yea, cause SWA or JB never lose bags or cancel flights. Oh yea and their service is just top notch all the way.

Yet another journalist without a frickin' clue.
Take a look and see what two airlines had the least amount of complaints.

He's right about US Airways Express. It is a three ring circus with no ring master. The flightcrews are professional but the folks at the gate and handling the aircraft are the best that $7 an hour buys. I watched a Dash 8 get de-iced then everyone walked away for 40 minutes and the plane had to be sprayed AGAIN. I heard the gate agent call the ramp 4 times to let them know the aircraft needed to be pushed back. If flights are delayed there is never any information shared untill 15 or more minutes past departure time. There are countless cx's for lack of crew (flight attendants usually) and mx issues. I flew for a commuter for a number of years and I understand why people hate flying on the regionals.

B6Busdriver said:
Take a look and see what two airlines had the least amount of complaints.
Good point. But also take a look at where these two airlines don't fly into. That might have a little something to do with it.

Customer service???

Most of these pax paid $100 to fly half-way across the planet---what do they expect?

In the above story, they missed one flight, and their bags were a few hours late--big deal. Anyone who is an experienced traveler should know what to expect from ANY airline these days......don't like it, rent a car or go Greyhound.

DCA is a cluster out in commuter world no doubt. But right now, without building anything extra it will contiue. When Jetblue starts operating 15 flight out of 2 gates, let me know.

MJG said:
Good point. But also take a look at where these two airlines don't fly into. That might have a little something to do with it.
Not to be smart but have you ever flown from NYC area to southern Florida? These people pay my salary but they are very HIGH maintenance if you know what I'm saying. They wouldn't hesitate for a minute to complain. Believe me!

Southwest has done an excellant job at managing expectations, Just ask your non-aviation friends what they expect on a SWA flight versus any of the Legacy carriers.

KingAirer said:
DCA is a cluster out in commuter world no doubt. But right now, without building anything extra it will contiue. When Jetblue starts operating 15 flight out of 2 gates, let me know.
JetBlue has 17 flights a day out of OAK and uses two gates. In the summer there is over 20.

There is a big difference! Those 17 flights are spread out over a day, where in DC there can be 15 planes out there at once! Huge difference.

KingAirer said:
There is a big difference! Those 17 flights are spread out over a day, where in DC there can be 15 planes out there at once! Huge difference.
A more accurate fugure would be total seats per gate. I don't have those numbers.

Apples and Oranges. I dont know about you but if I were a gate agent, Id rather have 150 going out one jetway to one plane, rather then 150 people going to 5 planes down below the main terminal, plus having to be bussed out to various planes.

Welcome to gate 35...Only a portion of it is shown in this picture.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/126919/L/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back