• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Junior Jet captains at SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you don't upgrade at Skywest for QOL reasons you are the biggest moron on the face of this earth......apparently they have a lot.

I'd rather be a 20 yr f/o in SBA or SAN than a 17 month Capt in MKE.

And I think your statement shows just how much or a moron you are Megadeth.

QOL trumps the number of stripes any day of the month.

Baja.

Well, I should rephrase my statement.....unless you plan to stay at Skywest for the rest of your life, if you bypass upgrade for QOL, you are the biggest moron on the face of this earth.

It's not about the number of stripes, it's about getting your turbine PIC time so you can get on somewhere decent asap.

I think that, unless otherwise, its about 15 months date of hire if you have the time to upgrade. Besides that, I am not going to lie, at a regional its a really good job left or right seat no matter how you look at it. I enjoy both seats. Honestly, there are a lot of people who can hold it and if everyone who would hold captain put in their bid, it would probably go up to like two point five years to three or so. Besides that, sit tight and dont stress. Learn, grow a little and when the time comes it will. Now the Brazilia, thats a different story. I could see less than six months if you are up to go anywhere. There is a lot of SJS here, so since upgrade is seriously fast in the Embraer, If you want to upgrade quicker, go for the 120. My two cent bras.

If I worked at Skywest (which I don't) ORD would be my domicile of choice...and I would not be willing to move or commute to the left coast to sit reserve in an expensive crashpad. I imagine quite a few FOs don't have SJS, they simply have considerations of a higher priority than rapid career progression.

If you don't upgrade at Skywest for QOL reasons you are the biggest moron on the face of this earth......apparently they have a lot.
You know Capt, I take offense at that statement, personally. I usually like your posts because you have something intelligent to say. I made $300 shy of $50k last year as a 2nd year FO and had a lot of time off. This year I'm going to school full time (in class, not online) and work high credit locals 3 days a week. Making $45K (this year), working (if you can call it that) three days a week AND being able to go to grad school is great.

You disappoint me.

Fly Safe.

-JP

Why? Because everyone NEEDS to get the magical 1000 PIC? I think you're a moron if you think SWA, UPS, and FedEx are going to knock on your door when you meet their minimums... Unless you're a chick.

im pretty sure your the biggest moron on the face of this earth. but i forgot you are gods only gift to aviation. thank god you are flying. life isnt about haveing 4 stripes on your shoulder or making money. not all people want to go to a major. who cares, but your statement was pretty harsh which really makes you look like the worlds biggest moron. congrats!

Why? Because everyone NEEDS to get the magical 1000 PIC? I think you're a moron if you think SWA, UPS, and FedEx are going to knock on your door when you meet their minimums... Unless you're a chick.

Um...yes! If you want to work at SWA, UPS and FedEx you NEED to have a minimum of 1000 PIC. At SWA, you need 1300. So, unless you want to be at a regional for the rest of your life or you have a legitimate reason other than "Dude, I am too cool to fly the Brasilia" or "Dude, I have weekends off and I don't want to fly weekends", you are a fool for not taking the upgrade. And, by the way dip$hit, I don't think anyone gets a knock on their door from any airline ever (not even a chick)....but I'd like to hear about it if it's ever happened. The longer you put off getting what, in my opinion, is the hardest flight time to get, it can cost you millions of dollars over the course of your career. But, whatever.....maybe that's the reason I got hired at 30 (with a lot more flight time than the "minimums" by the way) and these morons will still be at Skywest at 40. Of course they will also be complaining about how everyone else is getting the good jobs but them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back