• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most Junior Jet captains at SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A lot of FO's either don't have the total time or the turbine time for upgrade. Many others don't for QOL reasons

My question is why are so many people bypassing?

Being a 7 year FO in San Diego or Santa Barbara comes with extremely nice priveledges.....specifically the ones pertaining to getting paid while not working, and being able to have whatever schedule your heart desires.....

A lot of FO's either don't have the total time or the turbine time for upgrade. Many others don't for QOL reasons

If you don't upgrade at Skywest for QOL reasons you are the biggest moron on the face of this earth......apparently they have a lot.

...but not being able to pay rent. I guess living with your parents well into your 40's is becoming the norm in socal

If you don't upgrade at Skywest for QOL reasons you are the biggest moron on the face of this earth......apparently they have a lot.
I can see why someone would rather be a lineholder FO with a good schedule rather than commuting to ORD to sit reserve as a CA

you gotta remember that 1200 FO number includes the newer ones who aren't eligible for upgrade right now.....there's roughly 300-400 people who have been FOs for more than 2 years......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back