• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most expensive fractional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RNOBased is correct. NJA made the business decision years ago not to negotiate on price. There are 2 things most men lie about, the size of certain things and what they paid for a car or plane. The fact is every NJA owner (CEO, celebrity, other) thisnkshe is special and does not want to think that someone paid less. I ahve a good friend who was in the first 50 owners of NJA planes and his company also bought sveral shares. A few years ago we both both Excel shares and he paid the same as me (He maybe given a few more upgrades, but we paid the same amount). This price integrity is key to NJA's marketing.

PS - to JonJuan. Noone has to but a new "Ultra share" as long as the fleet is still being flown. I am sure that as the fleet is almost retired, some long term Ultra owners do need to pony up to get into a current fleet. That is very different from adding money to stay in the same fleet.

Fly safe.

I'm glad that the forced buy back thing is cleared up. However, the original point about depreciation remains. Even if you own your G-400 share for 90 years and sell it when you die at 95, there is depreciation of that share. NetJets now holds a plane that is worth something. My bet is they sell the plane at X and pay the share owner X - (some percent).

That is how you make money. You never make money by "eating" significant costs like depreciation.

PS - to JonJuan. Noone has to but a new "Ultra share" as long as the fleet is still being flown. I am sure that as the fleet is almost retired, some long term Ultra owners do need to pony up to get into a current fleet. That is very different from adding money to stay in the same fleet.

Fly safe.

Just a slight clarification. We still have almost 60 Ultra's. However, you are correct. It is a declining fleet, and it should take about 6 years to say goodbye to the last one. I have personally retired 2 airplanes.

Latest resources

Back