• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Most expensive fractional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The major airlines used to be big on recovery times too. They would keep spare aircraft sitting around at locations so they could quickly recover if there were a mechanical.

Of course that costs extra money to do but that was worked into the cost of the operation.

Then along came the LCC's and the consumer was presented with a choice; pay more for better product (spare aircraft, onboard amenities, nicer boarding areas ect) or save money with a no frills Low Cost Carrier.

They consumer has spoken and the majors are busy ripping out first class seats and figuring out how best to charge you for a Coke or a window seat.

How does this relate to corporate aviation? I'm not so sure. But I wouldn't be too quick to spout out that corporate customers will always be willing to pay a premium for hard to quantify intangibles like recovery times.

If asked of course they'll want it...but at what price?

Last edited:
I have had several pax tell me, "I don't care what it costs... I want my Citation X."

A half hour or 1 hr or 2 hr delay in Recovery time...

Well what's one hour of MY time worth. Well sccording to our payscales its worth about $100.

What if 1 hr of Bill Gates's time worth? Or Tiger Wood if he is going to be late to a Golf Tournament?

Going with the lowest bidder does not make sense. You go with THE BEST... and PAY what it costs.

These people are not drinking Sam's Club COLA instead of Coca Cola.

Last edited:
How does this relate to corporate aviation? I'm not so sure. But I wouldn't be too quick to spout out that corporate customers will always be willing to pay a premium for hard to quantify intangibles like recovery times.

As long as the customer views their time as money they will pay.

Comparing the corporate customer to an airline customer is apples to oranges. They are not the same.

I'm not going to argue you guys on this.

It is accurate.
Nope, partner. Not going to argue with you (in some cases). CS CJ3 AND FLEX LR40XR are MORE than NJA 400XP, Ultra and Encore. CS XLS is MORE than NJA XLS. CS Sovereign is MORE than NJA Sovereign. FLEX C300 is MORE than NJA CX and G200. That's 2/3 of the fleet comparisons.

OK big man. You win...

I'm curious if anyone has any real numbers to back up their statements or all of this is purely hearsay.

For you guys who seem to know exactly who costs the most for each aircraft, please post the costs of each fractional...I would be interested in seeing what the exact numbers are.

Not sure what the exact numbers are. Let's change the question a little bit.

All bias aside, if you have enough money to buy into a share, where would you spend your money?

That is why they call us when they can't meet their owners demand. USA Jet to the rescue. They must like us a lot they are coming back for their renewal inspection.

If I was a NetJets owner, I would be Thrilled to be put in a 40 Year old USAJet with its DUI and accident prone pilots! Can I buy an ugly old rustbucket DC9 share? Can we share the cabin space with car parts going to ELP? Sweet!

Latest resources

Back